Hawaii
Options

Finally a bride to be!

After ten years of courtship, we are finally engaged! 
Can't wait to start the planning proccess. Got a date and theme set in the first 24 hours, woohoo! Though we are in seattle now, we are both born and raised on Oahu and looking forward to going back home to get married.

Re: Finally a bride to be!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement and welcome to the board!
  • Options
    destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, congratulations, what a wonderful Christmas present!   
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw congrats! Welcome to the boards!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!!
    Ally & Mar | 08.09.10 | The Coconut Club, Oahu
    Planning Bio-updated 06/07 | Married Bio & For SALE items

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome to the board! J. Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you all.  I will definately be using this board a lot since I will be planning from Seattle. 
  • Options
    ETweetETweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats to you and your new FI. Let the planning begin!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yay!  congrats!  and you got a date and theme already?!  good job!!!  you're off to a great start.  the hawaii knottes are a great resource.  what part of seattle do you live in?  i lived up there for 8 years before moving back to hawaii...
  • Options
    mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jaymers: We just bought a house in the silverlake area of Everett.  I hope that we will move to HI once we start having kiddies.I like it here but I miss home SOOO much.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    congrats!!! i think i'm getting married the day before you :) where are you thinking about having your ceremony/reception? The date was one of the first things we set within the first day of being engaged too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    omg...i am also planning from seattle...where are you having your wedding? my sisters are going to be working on overload...are you planning on getting a wedding planner? any good wedding planners that anyone can suggest that can accomidate someone planning from miles and miles away???
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are hoping to use the backyard of a friends. (the house was featured in Honolulu Magazine).

I told my FI if he wanted to get me wedding present, he could get me a day of coordinator. Over the years (yes ive been knotting that long off and on) that's what most of the brides in hindsight would have done for those who hired a wedding planner.

My sister and all my besties are in Hawaii so they will be helping a lot. Also, im planning a couple of trips next year in order to check out vendors. I just moved up here a year ago and had wanted to get engaged/married before we moved up preciesly so i wouldn't have to do the planning LD, but then life happened.

cnj: Way cool, when are u planning on getting married? We are looking at 10.10.10 though nothing is definate. Would be nice to plan along someone in the same boat

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ahh, i just looked up your profile and found your wedding date.  U got plenty of time :)

as for wedding coordinators.  Ive noticed a lot of hawaii brides use coordinators (i guess cause of the # of destination weddings) so there are LOTS of reviews on them, should be no problem to look at previous posts or create one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats, so exciting!
    image imageimage Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    well, its actually july 17h 2011. i have such bad ocd. i just want to be able to plan and not worry about being last minute...

i am on the fence about a wedding planner, i might just take ur advice about a day of coordinator.

i am looking for simple and casual...we are looking at lanikohonua...my FI is from seattle and he actually picked out the place. we can reserve up to 14 mths in advance so i am hoping to get home around that time to take a tour and reserve the place. i am also doing a day wedding. so non traditional but i envison light and minimal fuss...

what about you? do u have a theme? any color schemes?

so excited for you!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding ideas are so all over the board. Plan A fell through which was having it in a friend's oceanfront backyard, so now im actually looking at possibly having it at the Outrigger CC.  I think having it a venue like Lani would be much more work/stress cause ur starting from the ground up.  I know the food is good at the Outrigger and set up there is the right mood that I want. But there is one issue about this venue that I am going to actually start a new post on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards