Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Average cost for makeup?

What is the normal price range for having your makeup done?  I've been looking around a little bit, and it seems to be $100+ just for regular makeup, not even airbrush.  That seems really high to me just for normal makeup application...  Is this typically what it costs, or am I just not finding the lower cost makeup artists?  Thanks!

Re: Average cost for makeup?

• pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jessica Tyler. She'll come to you, less than $50.

She's not in Pittsburgh and wedding make-up isn't her day job. I think this is why she's  more reasonable. I had a trial with her over the summer, she's really good and crazy nice!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Sasha at the MAC counter at South Hills is great ! She is over $100 - I have a friend who just finished cosmetology school this year ( earlier) who is great ! Send me a message if you want some info on her !
    happy planning xoxo Follow Me on Pinterest
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Clare from Ciel cosmetics is on a sliding scale...if only you get makeup, its $80 or so.  If you and one other person, $60 each...and so on.  Havent used her yet but I'm so excited to!
  • pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    M, I wanted Clare so.bad. But she was already booked for my date.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • arf3420arf3420 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome!  Clare from Ciel has my date open so I think I'm going to go with her!  Thanks! :-)
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    B, I was supposed to do my trial w/ her for my e-pics, but we got snowed out.  I'm excited for her (but your M.O sounds good AND cheaper!)
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE Clare....best vendor I worked with.  I looked and felt amazing!
  • edited December 2011
    Pretty Hair Salon is around $45.  Amanda has done my makeup twice before for weddings that I have been in and she will be doing mine for my wedding.  She does a fantastic job for both the bride and the bridesmaids.  
  • erbear84erbear84 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've had my makeup done for special events at Sephora in Ross Park Mall and I've had a great experience every time.  You pay $50 (in the form of a gift card) and they aren't rushing you or anything.  If you can't get there for the wedding, it might be worth it for the e-pics, showers, rehearsals, etc!  
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • arf3420arf3420 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Could someone please send me the info for Jessica Tyler?  I'm still considering Clare from Ciel, but just found out that none of my BMs are interested in getting their makeup done, so it will just be me and that makes Clare a lot more expensive.  I just want to look into other less expensive options first!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards