Michigan-Detroit

A vent and a word of caution to other brides

I've had a few big glitches in my wedding planning process, but my bridal shower took disaster to a whole new level...

We had my shower on Sunday at my grandma's senior apartment center (in the dining area). After I was done eating my lunch, I got up to call my fiance to come help open presents, and realized that my purse wasn't there anymore.

Yes, my purse got stolen at my bridal shower. In a secured senior center. License, money, CCs, passport, phone... all gone.

Needless to say, the party was ruined for me. From what I hear, our families bonded over the disaster, but other than taking a few minutes to open gifts while bawling my eyes out, I spent most of the time speaking with police and running around the building and dumpster diving.

I'll get over it I'm sure, but I'm just praying that our wedding goes more smoothly!

I just wanted to tell you guys to remind you to be aware of your surroundings and belongings as you head in to your wedding festivities.  I know that my guard was down because I was so wrapped up in the moment... I probably didn't pay as good attention to my belongings as I should have (...even though I was in a LOCKED SENIOR CENTER where there has only been 2 crimes in the past 12 years!)  

Wedding Countdown Ticker UsUsUsUs

Re: A vent and a word of caution to other brides

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards