African American Weddings
Options

Nervous/Stressed

My fiance and I have been together for over ten years and will be married next weekend. Im so nervous! My heart is pounding in my throat!  I have wanted to be his wife for years and now when its only ten days away, my hands cant stop shaking.  I have no doubt about marring him, and I dont understand where all these nerves are coming from. Last week I was good, no nerves or anything. Then I looked at the calendar and realized I wasnt just getting married in ten days, but next weekend!  Now Im worried about; the dress being steamed, the decorator doing exactly what I wanted, the photographer showing up on time, the dj getting lost, the cake falling on the way to the reception, the weather being too cold or raining, my niece's dress not getting here, who is going to do my hair, how am I going to where my hair...Im stressing myself out!
Anyone have any ideas on how to relax and let go? Really need some friendly advice.

Re: Nervous/Stressed

• Options
    edited December 2011

BREATHE. You're so stressing yourself out.

There's nothing you can do about people showing up on time or getting lost, and there certainly isnt anything you can do about the weather. The only thing you can do is provide your vendors with the necessary information, know that you hired professionals, and let the chips fall into place.

In regards to your dress being steamed and your hair...you need to get on that. Contact whomever is doing your alterations or your local cleaners and make sure that the dress can be steamed on time. If you're having your hair done, meet with your hair dresser ASAP to discuss.

In the end, there is only so much you can do. You will eventually have to let go and just go with the flow. It will all work out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    100% agree! When you realize that at the end of the day you will be married to the man God has chosen for you then everything else is just a bonus.

You will also be surrounded by people that love you and want to support you. If vendors let you down this will not take away from your celebration. Remember this and enjoy your day!

I wish I were 10 days away!!! Wink

EDIT: Forgot to say WELCOME to the board and post as much as you want here. We are here to help.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Whew! Girl you are about to make me nervous. Lol!  Relax! It is about you and FI and in the end that is all that matters.
    Until the first full year of being one! Anniversary
  • Options
    ruiseacostaruiseacosta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the advice. Im much better now. Laughing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards