Ohio-Columbus
Options

Brooch Bouquet?

I'm going to do a brooch bouquet instead of using a regular flower one.
has any one else done this? if so what do you think about it?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Brooch Bouquet?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have not done one, but I've seen pictures of them. I think it could be very cute, and very unique! Were you thinking of having any paper or ribbon flowers in the bouquet as well?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was going to do this too because they're are beautiful! I couldn't afford it thought bc we're having a super short engagement so I used buttons instead. THe DIY board has a few women that have made their own if you're looking for tips and tricks. They said it was time consuming but it turned out great.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

This was one of the few details of my wedding I just couldn't shake.  Not wanting to try and attempt one myself (my crafting skills are terrible!) I threw around the idea for a long time before deciding to buy one from an etsy seller.  I love it and I'll be able to keep it for always. =)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i think they are awesome. one thing to consider is how expensive they can be. even if you DIY and pick each brooch out yourself at flea markets. try going on etsy or ebay and getting lots of brooches for one flat rate.
    good luck.
    sounds amazing to me!
  • Options
    KellyRVTKellyRVT member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love them personally. Athough, they tend to run around $500 (at least all the ones I love, lol). Check out garage and estate sales and see if you can pick some up for a reasonable price and mail them to someone on Etsy to put together for you.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_brooch-bouquet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:377ceba7-c458-436d-8dcc-5e8036069556Post:3e02b0d2-ea2b-40b6-8e0d-30fd669ad7a4">Brooch Bouquet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to do a brooch bouquet instead of using a regular flower one. has any one else done this? if so what do you think about it?
    Posted by tweber510[/QUOTE]

<div>I made one last year for my daughters wedding.  I used antique and old brooches from family members, antique stores, goodwill, flee market finds and filled in with less expensive brooches from charming charlies, macy's, stein mart, hobby lobby etc.</div><div>
    </div><div>It turned out beautiful and was a huge interest to everyone.  It is forever.  She keeps it in a vase in her bedroom.  It is nice to have a way to display antique brooches passed down as family erlooms.</div><div>
    </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards