Virginia
Options

Northern Virginia Florist and Bakers

Ok ladies I need some recommendations of florist and  bakers in the washington metropolitan area. I'm in Fairfax County, but I'm not opposed to traveling a little bit for good quality. Basic price estimates are also appreciated!! I'm really not trying to pay $200 for my bouquet or $5.75 a slice for my cake at a basic level. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker
January-January Siggy Challenge "Wedding Bands"
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
167 Invited image 147 Ready to pary image 20 Missing the fun image 0 Slacking on responding image RSVP Date: December 1st, 2010

Re: Northern Virginia Florist and Bakers

• Options
    jillybean720jillybean720 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately, I've searched many bakers in the DC/NOVA/MD area (I live in NOVA, but my wedding is in Rockville, MD), and $5.50 per slice appears to be the going rate for a basic wedding cake, no fondant, no fancy flowers, etc. I will say I am using Cake Dreams in Rockville for my cake, and even though I got a little picky about certain things and asked for some details that will be a bit labor intensive for them to do (like hand painting certain designs, using three different types of icing to get my desired design, etc.), they did not upcharge me at all from the base $5.50/slice, so I very much appreciated that. Plus, they make all of their cakes from scratch, so if you have people who are allergic to certain ingredients, they can work with you - we are getting a carrot cake with no nuts and no raisins.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's ok I've found SEVERAL under $4...go me!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    January-January Siggy Challenge "Wedding Bands"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    167 Invited image 147 Ready to pary image 20 Missing the fun image 0 Slacking on responding image RSVP Date: December 1st, 2010
  • Options
    hyperpolyglothyperpolyglot member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where have you seen $4/slice?
  • Options
    AnaglerAnagler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Twinbrook Floral design (twinbrook florists) is an incredibly, reasonably priced florist.  My sister used them, my fiance's uncle is using them, and we are also using them.  And between the three of us  - we all have very different budgets.  Ask for Margaret - she is super helpful!

As for bakeries - we are going with cupcakes and using Georgetown cupcakes.  They are the only cupcakes we've found that are up to par with NYC cupcakes (we live in the city).

Good-luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards