Jewish Weddings

Saturday ceremony before sundown

Has anybody had any luck finding a Rabbi who will marry you before sundown on a Saturday?

I've booked a Sunday date because I was worried about finding a Rabbi who would marry us before sundown, but of course Sunday evening has its own problems.

So just curious. I'm in the DC area if that helps.

Thanks

Re: Saturday ceremony before sundown

• Danaz1Danaz1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to wedding before sundown on a saturday and they were all done by a reform rabbi.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Your best bet will be contacting Reform rabbis; I know of few who will do a wedding on Shabbat because you cannot enter into a contract (sign the ketubah and other matters) during Shabbat.  GL.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! Keep me posted if you come across any specific names of reform Rabbis in the DC area.
  • edited December 2011
    Our rabbi is doing this. 

His name is Rabbi Aryeh Alpern, and while he lives in NY, he travels (a lot!)

his email is:

rabbialpern@aol.com

if you contact him, please let him know that lynnie referred you. 

good luck!
    http://www.mywedding.com/lynnieandandy
    october '10 siggy: Early Pic of me and FI (not the first.....)
    imageVisit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • abbaroodleabbaroodle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When is your wedding?  My brother got married on Saturday night in January which meant the wedding couldnt start until 6 or so.  Of course the summer is much harder!!!
  • 4myharibo4myharibo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I attended a wedding held in a hotel ballroom and they closed all of the blinds and lit the room with candles.  It was in the summer on a Saturday night and it was a traditional ceremony with a Conservative Rabbi !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards