Kentucky-Louisville

nice place for engagement dinner?

Sorry to crash your board, but I thought you might have a few ideas for me. I grew up on the Indiana side of the river and have been away for about 10 years.  FI and I are going down to meet the extended family and celebrate our engagement.  It's not a huge gathering so we don't need an event room or anything... just a nice place to eat dinner (budget doesn't matter).  I've done some web searching, but I thought I'd ask here for people who actually live there now.  I was hoping to avoid chain restaurants and go for something more unique to the area.  The Louisville metro/Indiana side are all options.  Thanks!

06.24.11 OBX, NC
Planning Bio
Married Bio

Re: nice place for engagement dinner?

• Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Captains Quarters is really nice. It's on River Road and has a gorgeous back patio that overlooks the river. They serve seafood and pasta and stuff like that. Jack Frys is also a really nice steakhouse on Bardstown Rd that a lot of people seem to like. If you want unique, you can pretty much drive up and down Bardstown and find something. Cafe Lulu is unique and has good food. They do half price wine bottles on Wednesday nights at the Bardstown location.
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And Cafe Lulu is definitely more restaruant than "Cafe."

Depending on how "nice" you want I can give you a lot of suggestions. FI doesn't like chain restraunts so we stick to Louisville only stuff.
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want REALLY nice, check out Equus.  The food's great, and they have a nice private room.  It's pricey, but totally worth it, IMO.   http://www.equusrestaurant.com/

I also love Seviche.  But, it's not the type of food that suits everyone.  http://www.sevicherestaurant.com/

DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!  This gives me a great place to start and I'm headed to google right now.
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • ZachandMereZachandMere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love Equus (we might do ours there) or at the sister restaurant, Corbetts (both owned by Dean Corbett).  Another idea is Napa River Grille (our second option).  Both are very accomodating and nice.  Napa runs theirs a little differently, where you have to spend a set amount in order to rent the room (no matter if your bar and restaurant tab hits that or not). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards