Plus-Sized
Options

NWR what are your favorite places to shop for clothes...

HELP!  Im looking for plus size stores for casual and dress clothes. Im lost... I know of Lane Bryant but thats about it.  I know there has to be some other places that dont cost a million dollars per item.
TIA

Re: NWR what are your favorite places to shop for clothes...

• Options
    Forever 21!

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Torrid, Fashion Bug, Dress Barn for Women, Kohl's sometimes has some good plus size clothes too, but I have found it depends on which Kohl's you go to.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm always able to find something at Torrid. About half of my wardrobe comes from Torrid!
  • Options
    I shop at Old Navy online...I'm usually able to save a bunch of money and returning items is easy if they don't fit.

I have shopped Torrid in the past, but they're a bit too pricey for me.
  • Options
    Ditto all PP, but Maurice's also has some cute stuff too. It's kind of hit or miss for me, but they sometimes have some really adorable things.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_nwr-what-are-your-favorite-places-to-shop-for-clothes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:5c345810-3132-4aa2-841e-647e745cc773Post:f31bc95c-a050-4eed-b5fe-5b96fc5626ab">Re: NWR what are your favorite places to shop for clothes...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ditto all PP, but Maurice's also has some cute stuff too. It's kind of hit or miss for me, but they sometimes have some really adorable things.
    Posted by heroeswearbrown[/QUOTE]
    I second Maurice's. Its the only place I shop for pants and tops.
    Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Don't remember which thread, but someone on this board mentioned eloquii.com a couple weeks ago - it's The Limited's plus size line.  Apparently they have a few B&M locations, but none near me.  They seem to be a bit on the pricey side, but their stuff looks really nice.
  • Options
    Try Avenue. Great prices and good style. There are Avenue stores all over the place. Also try Kiyonna, mostly online. A little pricey but good stuff.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I love Eloquii!  They're prices are higher, but they often run sales (40-50% off, BOGO). I find their clothes to be cut on the slightly generous side.  I've had to exchange a few items, but it's been an overall pleasant experience (but slow). I find the quality of their clothing to be superior to LB.  

Old Navy is good too, but I've been disappointed in their tops lately. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I am lucky that there is a plus sise boutique here in Milwaukee ( www.boutiquelarrieux.com ) that carries Igigi, Kyonna, Monif C, Anna Sholz, Kristin Miles, SWAK, Lundtrom and other great designers.  I have learned that I look best in tailored (not tight, not baggy) styles and am willing to spend a little more to get great fit, construction, and quality in clothes that will last.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I don't like the styles of stores like Catherine's, Lane Bryant, etc.  It looks so old and mom-like.  I buy most of my clothes on simplybe.com, dorothyperkins.com, evansusa.com.  Target for basics tees and tanks, underwear and bras, and jeans.
  • Options
    I like Cato Plus as well as most of the ones mentioned already.
  • Options
    I have bought stuff from.... Lane Bryant, Kohls (this is where I've been getting most of my jeans), Cato, Dress Barn, Maurices, some JC Penny (but I feel like their stuff runs smaller), and a couple pieces from Torrid.  I used to shop at Old Navy a lot in high school but have found their quality to decrease in the last few years.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    90% of my clothes are from Lane Bryant

I buy Silvers jeans sometimes at carson's
    I also like Maurices but don't go there often.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards