Just Engaged and Proposals

Where to Start?!

I am newly engaged. We are planning a traditional Catholic Wedding, but it will be where I am living now and I am not affiliated with any specific church yet, though I know where I want to go. Do I book the church first, how do I go about doing that if I am no affiliated. I am a horrible planner and have no idea where to start! Help!

Re: Where to Start?!

• Budget is always the first step no matter what kind of wedding you plan to have.  Just meet with different priests and see who you like.  
    Good luck!
  • Call the church you are looking at and find out if they will marry non-members.  Then find out what their policies are for book and so on.  

But don't be shocked.  Many Catholic churches will not marry you if you are not a member, so you may end up doing some searching.
  • Definitely talk to the church and find out what their policy is, each one is different. As far as where to start with planning, start with budget and guest list. These post might be helpful. 

• talk to the church and look into reception venues. take the hub-to-be too. they usually dont like planning but they like to know what the heck is going on.
  • Also check out the Catholic Wedding board until Cultural Weddings tab.

For any wedding, start by figuring out your budget and guest list.  Once you know how many people you will need to feed and how much money you have to do so, you can start looking at reception sites in your price range.  Ditto PP by calling different church's to start figuring available dates.
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards