Texas-San Antonio
Options

Looking for ideas for a venue to have my bridal session pictures taken

i have a diamond white wedding gown and want it to stay clean. i looking for a venue to take my photos at but don't want to spend a lot due to a tight budget. i heard of trying the japanese tea garden and the mcnay but im worried about trying to drive in my dress and also trying to get around while trying to prevent my dress getting dirty too

Re: Looking for ideas for a venue to have my bridal session pictures taken

• Options
    edited December 2011
    No matter where you go you will have to have the dress cleaned after bridal portraits. Even an indoor location will have some dirt and a white wedding dress atracts everything.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My photographer and her assistant used a sheet under me for every picture. My dress didn't have a spot on it after my bridals and most of them were outside at the Southwest School of Art and Craft (which was free and beautiful by the way, you just have to call and make a reservation and the chapel is gorgeous for indoor pictures). I was really careful and held it up everytime I was walking and they would lay out the sheet and carefully tuck it under my dress for each set of pictures. 

My mom took the day off work and drove me, I wouldn't have been able to get in the dress by myself.  I took the dress back to the shop I bought it at after the pictures and all they had to do was steam it.  We did a ton of outdoor pictures before our ceremony too and I was totally fine.  I was surprised how little dirt my dress had on it after the wedding.  Don't over think it, you'll be fine!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree with jenb1205, if you are really careful you should be fine but it is a lot of work keeping a sheet hidden and under the dress... as for locations, the Japanese Tea Gardens has a lot of dirt, if you are concerned about dirt I would not recommend that location.  The safest place to get photos would probably be in a studio, the trade-off is well, you're indoors.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards