New Hampshire
Options

HELP!!

Hi Ladies,

So I have my first vendor meeting on Friday with Susanne's Weddings and I've already been told by a few fellow knotties that they thought she was pricey so I'm a bit nervous because pricey is not my budget! LOL I don't really have any specific types of flowers in mind, I just know that I want pink!

so my question is..

what info do I need to bring and what are good questions to ask a florist?!?!?!

Re: HELP!!

• Options
    FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Search the internet for photos of bouquets, boutonnieres, arrangements, etc that you like. Bring color samples of your wedding colors. Have an idea of the style of dresses and colors you might like for your bridesmaid dresses. Check with your venue to see if you can have flowers tossed by your flower girls, some places won't let you, others will only let you use fake and vice versa.
    Have an idea of what style you want for your wedding.

Questions to ask:
    Is there a delivery/setup fee?
    Do you provide vases for the bridal and bridesmaids bouquets? Do they need to be returned after the event?
    When will your flowers be ready?
    Can you preview them the day before?

Have an idea of your cake and the flowers you want for it. If you are using Jaques they do their own flowers but other bakers will ask your florist to provide flowers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can also ask what flowers will be in season for the time of your wedding, as that tends to save money (if you like any of them).  Ask about cost variation between your favorite blooms (specialty roses, callas, peonies, etc) because some are harder to get than others.  Have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards