June 2013 Weddings

Wedding Wednesday

My calendar on my computer screen was on October and I got all sorts of confused be cause it claimed to be Friday. Shame that wasn't true. 

What's shaking ladies?
                                                                              Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Wedding Wednesday

• I don't even remember. We went to a cake tasting with my parents and were really disappointed. Her cakes tasted generic and kind of dry and she didn't make everything she sid she would. She insisted on very specific design details but couldn't give us a specific date to have a final design in by. So we're going to go with the other place that can make us a "cake boss" grooms cake and whose cake was actually really delicious. 

I'm going to make a florist appointment for October with my mom. And also, our engagment photos are coming up. Our GM who's a professional photographer is supposed to do them, but his wife scheduled her birthday party for the same day and pretty much the same time, so we'll see. She super wears he pants in their family. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • cnf, that sucks about the cake tasting. At least you've got an alternate plan though.

I made an appointment for a floral consultation next month. My fiance said he wanted to go, so I'm pretty pumped that he's into sitting there and at lease pretending to care about flowers for an hour or so.

We got our guest list finalized and got addresses for his half of the guest list, so now I just have to get my sister's spreadsheet of addresses from her wedding for my half of the addresses. I've also tasked my fiance with getting ahold of our venue coordinator and getting the phone number for the caterer so that we can set up a meeting and tasting. It changed about 6 months ago, and of course I didn't write down the new number anywhere.
  • Yup, just wedding updates! And that's a fair amount to take on after only 3.5 weeks. Awesome!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We received our save the dates the other day!!!!!! And my FMIL and my FI's aunt is going to be visiting fi and i this weekend and they are going to help me fill them out!!!!! We also received our cake topper and got the design picked out! My mom is making my cake and her friends daughter to decorating it! So it sould look amazing! And we put our deposit down for our flowers this week as well!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!!!! I also bought a really pretty necklace for all my girls! Still need to get one more thing for them but I am waiting till it goes on sale!!!!!! i am starting to look for my shoes bc i found ones i liked and they sold out on my size Frown. And i'm also looking into my jelwery!!!!!
    Photobucket
  • Another (very brief) trip to Boston begins tomorrow with lots of planning squeezed in:
    1. Picking up my dress!!!
    2. Trying cupcakes
    3. Checking out Tuxes for FI and the men in the bridal party
    4. Interviewing a DJ

I hope that will mean I have some checks all over the place next week! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I already AW'ed this on Monday, but I'll share again  - I have my jewelry for the wedding!!! My mom bough me a necklace, and I'll be borrowing her earings that match it. Here is a picture of the necklace:

I've also been trying to figure out what we are doing in terms of flowers, I know we are doing bouquets/bouts, but I also want to look into decorating the ceremony area, at least the archway, so we'll see how much it costs when we go to our florits appointment.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have really been at a wedding stand still. I put FI in total charge of the honeymoon, and he is doing a GREAT job. I really wanted to go on a Mediterranean cruise, but the ones we were looking at were only 7 days and FI insists on doing at least a 10 day. So, he kind of nixed that, even though that's my first choice, and decided on Hawaii. I'm a little sad about the cruise, nut he said we could still do that after if we start saving now, and he really is excited about Hawaii so I'll roll with it. He researched hotels, read reviews, got pricing, checked airfare, and looked up attractions, places to eat, things to do and see, and the costs of everything. I came home from work last week ans he had a whole spreadsheet of prices and hotels and the package he thinks we should go with, plus the review site open and ready for me to read. The only thing I changed was the hotel room he choose I insist on the upgrade to a tower room, not a cottage, because I amnot dealing with sand and stuff in myroom on the honeymoon, and it was only like 200 more or so. So now we just have to finalize it all and talk to the travel agent. It was such a relief that he did all the leg work and really nice to see him take it so seriously and really put in a lot of effort and research.
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • edited September 2012
    You guys are cruising right along with the wedding planning! Way to go!

Since booking our venue, we've been trying to figure out where everything will be placed. It's in a hotel and they call it their courtyard. It's all indoor, but has a two story high ceiling and reminds you of a park with it's brickwork,streetlamp lighting, and gazebo-ish stage. We didn't originally plan to have dancing, but have decided we will now that we have a huge area to work with. So, my thing to report is we've started working on our dance music! We don't want to hire a dj, just have our own recorded music playing.  It's been fun making a music list and trying to figure out how to dance to some stuff.  I love seeing my girls (11 & 13) bee bop around and try to find a rythm to the tunes.

My best friend, my girls, and I are looking into learning a fun dance to do at the renewal.  Got any ideas?  It needs to be something family friendly.  I think I'll start a seperate thread for this question ...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • I started working on my test lantern for my lantern bearers.  It's not done yet so I can't wait to see how it turns out.  I can already see where I need to tweak some things on the painted portion of the glass.  FI has started designing the belt buckles he plans to have the GM wear.  He wants to have all the designs done and ready so he can knock a bunch of that stuff out of the way on his next layoff.  I finished the officiant's wording for the tartan pinning ceremony and got the order of service from our officiant so the script is now almost finished.  I also went ahead and started typing the wedding program.  I've started thinking about flowers but I'm having a very hard time deciding if fake or real would be cheaper.  I think I just need to schedule a time with the local florist I would use if we went with real flowers and talk to them.  Since we're not doing centerpieces or aisle decor it shouldn't be terribly expensive from what I hear.

One of my BM said she'd like to get together for a shopping day so I'm trying to get in touch with my other BMs to see if they're interested.  I've been searching for cheap(ish) kilts for my nieces and nephew because my SIL said they'd like to wear them for the wedding.  I think I may have found some, we just have to talk to the supplier to see if he can get the correct tartan.  FMIL let me know she'll be starting on my actual dress (she's already been working on the muslin test dress) in December...I'm so excited!!  And last (but definitely NOT least) I finally got the E-pics CD from FBIL and have almost finished designing my STD!!!!!  YAY!!!!!!  I've been dying to get those pictures so I could get the STD done.  The printer is bringing me a sample tomorrow and I can't wait to see it Smile

Next project: picking music...I have quite the list to go through for the duet during the ceremony and I want to try and get my FI to help me pick a first dance song so I know if we need to schedule some dance lessons or not since FI keeps saying he can't dance.  I want to really dance at my wedding reception, not just sway back and forth, LOL.
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was so confused when I saw this post...I keep thinking today is Thursday which is essentially my Friday this week. As of yesterday 4 out of 5 bridesmaids have ordered there dress. The last bm said she is planning on ordering her dress on Monday. I won a contest last December and got a 250 gift card for custom jewelry at a local bridal shop. I ordered the jewelry in May and they called on Friday to say it was finally finished. They are mailing it to me so I'm hoping I get it any day now! FI finally asked his second groomsmen on Friday. He was so excited to be in our wedding! I think it made FI even more anxious for the day to get here. Now he just has to ask his last 2 groomsmen, which are his cousins.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Sounds like it has been a productive week for everyone!

I spoke with a local bakery this week and will be picking up a couple small cakes on Friday to do a testing. I think I have narrowed down my photographer, but still have to pan out a few details and what not. Also think I have found a DJ that I like. So three big checks off the list this week. I've also done a few DIY projects in my down time. I'm really happy with how they are turning out!
  • I ordered some invitation samples from WPD, and they sent me two separate emails saying they've shipped. I actually sent a link to my favorite invitation to FI and he didn't hate it!

The shawl I ordered from Israel shipped too, but the tracking info says it is still being processed. I have no idea how long that's going to take, but I'm dying to see it to see if it will match my dress.

I told myself that I was going to take a wedding planning hiatus because I'm basically done with everything, but I'm still looking at dresses and things driving myself crazy. More importantly, I'm getting nothing else done. I'm still reading and posting here, so you can see how well that's going.

Cake! - June 2013
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wow everyone has been soo productive this week!

FI and I visited 2 hotels to look into a room block/brunch for Sunday morning after the wedding. The first one we visited was so run down, I was so shocked for what type of hotel it was. I basically walked in the front door and knew it wasnt going to work. We went to the second one and I loved it, however it is a little bit farther from my reception venue than I wanted. They would also be able to do a brunch for us at a very reasonable price. We are looking to host a brunch the day after the wedding just for our OOT guests to thank them for flying in and our bridal party/parents, probably around 20-30 people.

We also went to a travel agent's presentation on Sandals. I found it so helpful since their website is confusing.

I am going BM dress shopping with one of my BMs on Saturday, just trying to figure out what stores we want to go to!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We just changed our wedding colors from yellow and blue to blue and white. So very excited about that. 
    We got our STD sample in the mail and loved it! Going to order them mid October and send them out the beginning of November. 
    We also just finished our final guest list, had to get it down to about 200 people on the list. 
    June 2013 Sig - Shoes
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I haven't been here in a while. Work gets in the way of my "Knotting" lol.

Since last time I posted:

Ordered my dress

We met w/a photographer we liked and we are meeting with him again to give him our deposit. Exciting!!

I got in contact with my brother's friend's mom who is a florist and we are going to meet in early November. I think that's enough time. She wants me to collect pictures of flowers/arrangements I like in the meantime.

Set up 2 bridesmaid's dress appoints..one with my girls here and one with my girls near DC. My little cousin and FI's sister are proving to be the most difficult ones to schedule appts with!

Lots of stuff done!!! I now am thinking about changing my colors to navy and teal because I really love how our save the dates came out. What do you girls think? I was originally going to go with navy and fuchsia.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited September 2012
    Well I actually just got something lol  I will be speaking with my baker tomorrow on the phone.  SUPER excited, I messaged her some time ago and we messaged briefly back and forth, and she gave me a fantastic quote.  Then she went MIA.  Turns out she was busy making a KILLER cake and ended up winning 1st place and best in show at a cake competition.  Super score!  So I look forward to that convo.

Otherwise, on Saturday I have to go grab a sash for my gown (didn't like the one that came with my dress, so a new one I ordered just came in) AND my uncle hooked me up on tuesday with a cable spool to use for my cake table and so sweetly delivered it to my dads house for me!  Now I just need to build a small base for it because its a few inches too short.  Just to clarify for people who hear me speak of so many uncles, my dad is one of 7, 5 of which were boys and Im super close with that side of my family.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I FINALLY picked hair and makeup artists!  The makeup artist is amazing and does really pretty eye makeup which is my favorite thing.  And my landlord (well technically she's just the woman who owns my apartment and rents it out to me, it's not like she has a whole apartment complex or anything) actually owns a wedding hair and makeup business and she offered to do my hair and makeup FOR FREE!  And her prices are reasonable for my bridesmaids, so I booked her for my wedding hair!  I know it might sound crazy to not take her up on free wedding makeup, but her makeup isn't as good as the other makeup artist I found.  I'm just relieved to have this done!!!!  I've been working on this for the last month and it's been so stressful to find someone good who is also affordable!
  • edited September 2012
    WOW!! It's great to hear what everyone has been doing.

Well, FI and I have officially booked our church for June 1st. We decided to do it on that Sat so people can enjoy the reception without having to worry about work and we are going to do a late lunch menu, so that saves us some money.

We got our STDs done, we just need to gather all the addresses and mail them out.

I did a sample center piece that I LOVE. I got the idea from pinterest and tweeked it to fit what I wanted. I can't wait to make more. =)

My dress is in, but I'm not picking it up for two weeks. I am going to keep it at my nieces house, because i don't want my kids seeing it at all.

I changed my mind on BM dresses. I was going to do the convertible dresses, but I'm just not feeling it. So on Sat my MOH and I awill be shopping via phone and internet (she's OOT).

OH!!! FI sister can come to the wedding!! I have another BM! I am so excited! She's in Thailand, so I have NO clue how we are going to do her dress.

I thought that I had gotten more done, but I guess not.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards