Massachusetts

Log Cabin...

So I think FI and are going to end up booking the LC...It's the one place re refused to get married at, but after finding no where better than it and with our budget plummetting after my mothers lay-off, it's it.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to convince FI it's not as bad as it seems. I'm ok with it...or more of an I've accepted it, I know it will be gorgeous and I know it won't bankrupt my family. I keep telling FI no one will care my mother got married there (it ended in divorce 2 years later) no one on his side will have ever gone to a wedding there, who cares if my side has been to a million...as long we we're happy...
August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
229 image Invited to celebrate!
191 image Remembered to RSVP!
26 image Can't make it
7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Log Cabin...

• edited December 2011
    The Log Cabin is really expensive! I looked into having my wedding there and I had to back away. They wanted $2,000 just for a deposit never mind how much per plate! I ended up booking my wedding at Tekoa Country Club. They have redone everything and the golf course is beautiful. I would check out more places before deciding on such an expensive place

Jennifer
    Weddings by a King
    www.weddingsbyaking.com
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for your input! The 2k actually goes towards your final payment, so you aren't throwing it away. We did book it though! We also felt the prices were VERY reasonable, but I was also looking in Boston before we had to cut the budget.
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amandaleigh77amandaleigh77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What I didn't like about it might actually be an advantage to some people: I thought it was kind of a "wedding machine." Felt impersonal to me, but on the other hand, they do so many weddings, they really know what they're doing. The views are beautiful and there seemed like there would always be someone on hand to coordinate. Plus, vendors in the area have probably done a few weddings there as well, so they know the layout and how it works!
    Hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards