Iowa-Quad Cities

Wedding Date?

Re: Wedding Date?

• edited December 2011
    Its the 4th anniversary of our first date.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 66 image Invited
    45 image Are ready to party
  • edited December 2011
    4th Anniversary of our first date
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Haha, lol, ours was the same reason.  11th anniversary of when we started dating
  • edited December 2011
    Our tentative one is the fifth anniversary of our first date.  But the ultimate deciding factor will be venue availability Undecided
  • edited December 2011
    We are having a really long engagement (over 2 years) cause I am coming to the end of a year long medical leave of absence from work so we need the time to save!  So we were looking at summer of 2013. We chose June 8th cause we met on May 8th so it will be 3 years and one month from the day we met.

(Im noticing a pretty common trend with how people chose their dates!)
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-quad-cities_wedding-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:93Discussion:ede3d447-8830-477f-a802-fe61c34e0cc2Post:d5b34686-38be-469f-ac70-6d68d35eb896">Re: Wedding Date?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are having a really long engagement (over 2 years) cause I am coming to the end of a year long medical leave of absence from work so we need the time to save!  So we were looking at summer of 2013. We chose June 8th cause we met on May 8th so it will be 3 years and one month from the day we met. (<strong>Im noticing a pretty common trend with how people chose their dates!)
    </strong>Posted by Katoners[/QUOTE]

Ha, definitely!  And I thought we were unique, lol of course our date is still unique to use though
  • sweetv2bsweetv2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our date was chosen just because...nothing significant about it! We wanted fall, and we checked venue availabilities...voila!
  • edited December 2011
    May 18th- 3rd year anniversary from when we started dating!
  • I also went with availability - of not only venues, but also the important people!  I wanted a spring wedding - April or May.  And with younger cousins and friends in high school and college, we had to work around proms and graduations.  So we ended up with May 4th, 2013. So it's a long ways off now. :) Lots of time to plan and enjoy being engaged!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards