Outdoor Weddings
Options

To Rent a Tent?

Hi yall. My finace and I plan on having our reception outdoors. We have a spot of land we want to do it on and we would really love to have a tent covering the reception because we plan on having dancing, lights, etc. I talked to a company that rents tents and they said it would be $1,800 to rent a tent big enough for 200 people (the cost includes them setting up the tent and taking it down). Anyone who has had experience in having a tent at their wedding, is this a good cost? Or would we be better off making one? I would appreciate any helpful advice!
"It's not going to be easy. It's going to be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, everyday."

Re: To Rent a Tent?

• Options

i would repost on local board because regionally prices differ.  i personally wouldnt want the hassle to make, set up and take down tent.  im not sure if would be used again.  if you are going be able to use it again and have space to store it i would look into the cost of making a tent. 

HTH

• Options
    I didn't even think about storing a tent if we made one! Very good point and thank you for your time :)
    "It's not going to be easy. It's going to be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, everyday."
  • Options
    Making your own tent isn't practical.  Renting one is part of the expense of having a big wedding.  Call around to all the rental companies in your area to get the best price.
  • Options
    We are having 200 guests and are renting a 40X100 tent. It's around $1300 (we could get away with a 40x80, which is about $1000, but we don't wanna be crammed in there) I live in northwest Ohio, prices will be different anywhere. I have a company that will match any lower price within a 50mile radius so ask about price matching (for the tent, tables, chairs etc)
  • Options
    Hi! Thank you for your advice. I think we have decided to go ahead and rent one :
  • Options
    I'm facing the same decision. I'm having a small beach wedding/reception for about 30 guests and only want the tent in case of inclement weather. However I was quoted $825 for a 20x30 that included setup and removal. I think I better keep looking for a better price.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards