Florida-South Florida
Options

I NEED HELP!!!

Ok, so my wedding is not until June of 2011, still REALLY far off and yet the fun has already begun!!  My mother is INSISTING that I asked her best friend's daughter to be my MOH.  I really like this girl and we have grown up together and I would love her to be a bridesmaid but I have other friends, that I have met more recently, that I am much closer to.  I have another person in mind for my MOH.  What should I do??  Can't believe that my wedding is more than 500 days away and I'm already at odds with my Mother.  I don't want it to be like this.  When discussing it at Thanksgiving she even intimated that she is paying for the wedding.  AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!  HELP!!  I'm the bride, shouldn't I be able to pick my MOH??

Re: I NEED HELP!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Do what YOU want.  Your Mom will get over it. This is the person who you will have in your pictures beside you for the rest of your life.
  • Options
    jennej24jennej24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you need to put your foot down about this, if you don't you will end up having the wedding your mom wants, not the one you do. There are many more decisions to be made and you need to make it clear that while you value her opinion the final decision is yours and your FI, not hers.

But you have to decide what you will do if she really says if you don't I am not paying for your wedding.

I would just calmly explain to her like you did to us, that while you care for the girl and want her to be a bridesmaid, you have someone you are closer with that you would like to be your MOH and hope she understands.

Gooc luck!
  • Options
    jennej24jennej24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yea and you aren't being a bridezilla, you SHOULD get to pick your own MOH, your mom is overstepping her bounds in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do what feels right. Don't make someone your MOH unless you want them to be. Especially since you have someone else in mind. Youre mother WILL get over it. And honestly she shouldn't be putting pressure on you for that... that should be YOUR choice and your choice alone!

Good lucK!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try talking calmly with your mom and explain how you feel.

Dont rush into this decision. It should be someone special to you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Seeing as how your wedding is so far away and this is a decision that doesnt involve money, you need to step in now and let your Mom know this is your wedding, not hers. Dont let her threaten you with the money thing. If she cares about you and wants you to have the wedding of your dreams she needs to respect your choices, not pressure you into hers.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your wedding, your way. Your mum needs to chill, lol. If she's suggesting, that's nice of her, if she's imposing, that's not cool.
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like all the pp said, this is your decision. You should calmly talk to your mom and explain to her how you feel. This is just the begining of your wedding planning and if this is what you have to expect from her for the next 500 days, it won't be fun. So it's best to talk to her now and get all your feelings out there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!!  I know that y'all are right, I'm just so scared that she is going to pull all my funding. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards