California-San Diego

Engagement Pic Locations

Does anyone know any cool unique places to take engagement pictures? I already have a photographer (out of town so doens't know any locations). Looking to stay in the Mission Valley/Point Loma/OB areas. Thanks ;)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engagement Pic Locations

• LauraChristinLauraChristin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What kind of feel do you want for your pics? Urban? Grassy Meadow? Ocean? I will try to come up with some ideas for spots for you but would help if I knew what kind of spot is a good fit for your personalities. :)
  • edited December 2011
    We took photos at Balboa Park (standard) and Belmont Park!   we got some great shots on the carousel and at some of hte carnival games. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! We originally wanted to do the San Diego Mission Basilica for that vintage feel (will be a Catholic wedding) or Balboa Park, but it will be during memorial weekend and I know how busy it gets. Also, we only have 2 hours and wanted to do one location at the beach with our dog. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LauraChristinLauraChristin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay so Presidio Park will be considerably less busy than Balboa Park and it has a tiny bit of similar architecture. What I think would be really cool, though, is Heritage Park in Old Town! It's a neighborhood of Victorian houses (that no one lives in anymore) set in a giant park and is right in the area you'd like to stay in. 

• futureEcubedfutureEcubed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Powerhouse park in Del Mar- Beautiful park. It has an old train station, nice grassy areas, but is on a cliff over the beach, with a walkway down. So you can get a little bit of everything!!!!

We did our photos with our doggies too!!! :) 
    image November 2011 Siggy: Cake!!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amiehanna1979amiehanna1979 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sunset Cliffs and the OB pier? If you'd like some with your dog, Coronado on the beach?

Congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    We haven't taken our pictures yet, but are planning on going to the wedding bowl in la jolla and at the hotel del. I still have to call the del to make sure its okay, I'm not sure if there are any rules about that but they have a beautiful garden with a gazebo and of course the hotel itself is beautiful.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Have you thought about the buildings up in USD?  They are all very Spanish colonial and probably won't be tourist ridden.  Since it's close to the freeway you could probably squeeze in something by the beach in OB or Mission Bay area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards