Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Photographers....HELP Please

Can you ladies recommend a photographer in the Philly area for our wedding next september? Our budget is about $4k and under.  We want to hear your suggestions. We will be selecting our photographer soon for our wedding next September at the Cescaphe Ballroom.  Thanks :)

P.S. anyone use Photography By Leah?? We like some of her photos and package she has, but not many reviews out there or photos.

Re: Photographers....HELP Please

• edited December 2011
    dibsontop used Photography by Leah and LOVED her.  There are a few others who have used her as well, but i can't remember. 

What do you want for $4K?  How many shooters, album, etc.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Coleyon24Coleyon24 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    2 shooters preferred!  We are really looking for at least 8 hours of coverage, right to images, engagement shoot, online viewing.  We aren't sure yet if we will be purchasing an album, maybe one photobook. 
  • mandy122782mandy122782 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Art Work Photography. Leah did an amazing job. We had a second shooter and 10 hours of coverage. With 8 hours of coverage, it should fit in your budget. The owner Lou is great too.  We loved our pics and got so many compliments on how unique and beautiful our pics are. Here is the website.

http://www.artworkphotos.net/
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like RA said, we used Photography by Leah.  So did Bballgirl and I know UDErin on the DE board is using her too.  There are others on the DE board also, I think.  If you like, I can PM you a link to my entire set of pictures so you can see more.

I'm so happy we found Leah.  She's still relatively new to the business but does a great job.  And she's really sweet.  Have you looked at her FB page too?  She's posts more new photos there as well (www.facebook.com/byleah).

Let me know if there are any questions I can answer for you!

• edited December 2011
    I am using Craig Single. I am getting all of that with 2 albums for under $4k. And he doesn't use a "per hour" model. His philosophy is that he (and his 2nd shooter)shoots from about 3 hours before the ceremony until he is finished at the end of the night. Ususally about 30 mins after cake cutting but more if he feels like he needs to stay longer or you ask him to stay longer. That really enticed us since I felt we were getting nickled and dimed on hours by other photogs.

www.singleexposure.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • cfblechmancfblechman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Photography by Leah too :) we loved our engagement photo and she was super quick and nice when the cd was returned she came to my work and dropped it off to me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 139 Invited so far!
    image 79 Are ready to party!
    image 60 Will be missing out!
  • edited December 2011
    Ann Marie Casey of the Case Gallery is awesome and price-reasonable. The gallery has its own website, is on facebook, and is on the Knot's vendor list. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Paul R. Lutes Photography does great work. He is under $4k and can provide a second shooter as long as you let him know. He also has options for albums if you ask for them. his website it
    www.prlphoto.com/" target="_blank">http://www.PRLPhoto.com 

and he has a facebook page Paul R. Lutes Photography.

I think RecoveringActor can give you a rec on him too.
  • edited December 2011
    My personal faves - all should have packages in your budget (but I was married over two years ago, so prices may be different now)
    Doug Burns, Candid Moments Photography (my wedding photographer)
    Sarah Schulte
    Jennifer Childress
    Rich Lavigne
    Mike Landis
    Sandor Welsh
    Ryan Estes
    Sharyn Frankel
    Inku Yo 
    Ryan Estes
    Tony Hoffer (might break the budget, but you will not regret a single penny you spend) 
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto everything LRM said.
  • OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    We are using Sarah Miller.  She was my friend's photographer at her wedding.  I was a BM and it was like Sarah wasn't even there.  She has beautiful photos with a traditional and artistic side.  She was my first choice!  She has packages in your price range.

http://www.sarahmillerphotography.com
  • oy3t00oy3t00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
    I am using Marc Anthony for my wedding...Here is his website

I got 2 photographers for $2,900...and his work is gorgeous!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Lauren Fair for our wedding. Im not sure what style photos you are looking for but her website is definitely worth a look. Her prices are very resonable. We have full day unlimited coverage with two photograpers, an engagement shoot, and a 40 page album. All of that for $4000. (she does have less expensive packages as well)

http://www.laurenfairphotography.com/

Good Luck!!
  • _Dagney__Dagney_ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please contact Mark James.  it's mjamesphoto.com.

His site isnt the best, but he is a FABULOUS photographer.  Wonderful to work with and reasonably priced.  He is in CC Philadelphia.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Asya Photography.  Our package was a bit pricey, but she has lots to choose from depending on your budget.  We are so excited to work with her!  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    A family friend has his own photography business, he's been a photographer for the past 25+ years, and has been teaching photography at gloucester county college for the past 15. He is having himself and another photographer the day of, and hes taking 12 hours of photo coverage. I'm only paying 1200. If you are unsure about his work, take a look at my profile pic and picture in my message.. he did them for our engagement (we had them done at valley forge state park). He had a website with his girlfriend, but they ended it a few months ago, and she took the website. From what I know he only has an email you can contact him through.
    cwalker71@gmail
    In the confusion we stay with each other, happy to be together, speaking without uttering a single word -Walt Whitman

Rachel & Jared est. November 11, 2006

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker My Weight Ticker
  • LizandDinoLizandDino member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using chrisandsarahphotography.com and I am really happy with them. They are very afordable too. Also Micheal Photography in Bensalem is amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards