Oregon

The Consequences of Planning Your Wedding at Work

You end up skipping over people and things.

Oops.

I decided to screw around a little bit at work today and draw a scaled down version of my venue.  I cut out tiny little tables and put them out in different arrangements and was just kinda having fun with the whole thing...

Then I decided to number the tables...

Well heck, if they're numbered, maybe I should do a quick mock up of my seating chart.  Suuuure!

So I'm writing down names, moving people around... realizing that this is going way too easy... something has to be wrong...

Ooh of course... so and so can't sit next to so and so... okay.. no problem... I'll put my cousin there...

Where is my cousin's name on the spreadsheet?
What the heck.. WHERE IS IT!?

D00D!!! I TOTALLY DONT HAVE HER OR HER HUSBAND WRITTEN DOWN ANYWHERE!!

no way.. this is wrong...

*search search search search*

D00D!! I even LIKE this cousin.  WTF!!#!#!!

*call mom*

Do you have Shell's address???  THIS IS YOUR FAULT!!! YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO GET IT!!!

*realize you didn't send her a "save the date"*
*feel guilty*
*get over it because she lives in town*
*feel guilty for forgetting to put her down*
*apologize to mother*

Oops.

Quadruple check your list, ladies!!!  It's a good thing I haven't sent out invitations yet!! That would have been REALLY embarrassing... and I would have hated to have accidentally hurt her feelings.

Yeah... we're slow at work today.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

Re: The Consequences of Planning Your Wedding at Work

• edited December 2011
    Oh .. that would freak me out to. But I thought your post was going to be about your boss finding out and giving you a talking to. I keep trying to do a little planning at work and I'm paranoid of getting caught. I've vowed to stop doing it but it's so hard!

I keep finding people I want at my wedding and low and behold, they are not on the list. So the list keeps growing. We're now up to 145 people. Thank god this is a BBQ. If it was a sit down, fancy dinner I'd be totally screwed!
  • edited December 2011
    I had a dream that I forgot people. But then when I woke up, I couldn't remember who they were.

I also thought you got in trouble at work! Thank god it wasn't that...
  • edited December 2011
    Better now than at the wedding when you're looking around for her. Although you've made me a little paranoid and want to check my list
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    lol... It's really hard for me to get into trouble at work.  I'm a model employee... Kind of...
    lol

It's a small office and my biggest priority is to answer the phone and do the filing.  When the filing (and billing) are all done.. all I have to do is answer the phone...

I sent my guest list back to my mom and had her recheck to make sure everyone was there...

Got my cousins address... so... yeah.

Got invitations printed out last night... so she'll get one :)
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
  • edited December 2011
    Oh geez. Ok, quadrouple checking my list. Thanks for that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards