Eco-Friendly Weddings
Options

National Park logistics

Has anyone had a ceremony in a national park? I'm at a loss where to start - I know I have to get a permit, but beyond that coordinating things, I'm just not sure (honestly never thought about what I wanted prior to getting engaged, so I'm a newbie on the whole process lol), plus, I'm concerned about travel time from there to a reception site. Has anyone done this before? Any suggestions/tips?
Thank you!

Re: National Park logistics

• Options
    I haven't done this, but I would suggest contacting the park information center or the ranger's station and someone should be able to help you out, or at least point you in the direction of someone who will be able to help you out.  I would try looking for contact information for your specific park on http://www.nps.org.

As far as travel time, if you're going to have the reception outside the park, maybe you could plan to have like a "party bus" type of thing to get the guests from the park to the reception.  That way it wouldn't seem like quite so far of a ride, and it will encourage car pooling. :-)
    Vacation

Vacation
  • Options
    hi there SLC! both PPs gave fantastic information, i just wanted to add that it seems to be a park by park basis as far as info goes for these events. what park are you thinking about? i am getting married in ohio in a city park with a gorgeous brand new visitor center and i am SO happy my money is going to the non profit park system and not some big catering hall rental (no offense to anyone!). before we found our place, i looked at the Cuyahoga Valley NP which is part of the NPS. check out your local city and state parks as well as NPS. i didn't realize how many parks i took for granted where state or city run and not NPS.

it's been a while since you posted this so i'm hoping you found a great place, please let us know!
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks so much. I've put planning on hold (hence why it's been a while since I've been on) for a little but thanks for steering me in the right direction. I would LOVE to do it in Yellowstone, but the fiance and I are paying and not sure if it'll work; I live in Austin so if not WY then there are plenty of parks around here (Austin) that will be great too. 
    Good Luck to you all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards