Texas-Houston

Bridal Gown Trunk Shows

I've been getting a few emails from theknot regarding trunk shows at different stores.  I've never been to one and am looking to spend less than $500 for my dress.  My question is can one find really good deals at these shows?  I'm not sure if I should bother going to them since the places where they are usually held carry most dresses out of my price range.  Also I am looking for a plus sized gown, so I'm not sure if the shows would carry my size.  Since I've never been to one, what do I expect?  Do they just have racks for you to browse thru or do you have to set up an appointment to come look at the dresses.  Just wondering.  Thanks.
TTC #1 since 11/2010
Me: 33 dx PCOS 11/2012
DH: 37 SA 6/2012 - normal
Cycle #1 on 50 mg Clomid 12/2012 - unsucessful
Cycle #2 on 75 mg Clomid + Trigger 01/2013 - unsucessful
Cycle #3 on 600 mg Vitex + acupuncture 02/2013

Anniversary

Re: Bridal Gown Trunk Shows

• txgeogirltxgeogirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The one's that I have seen have been 15% discount where most gowns were ~$1000+.  That has been my experience.
  • edited December 2011
    I've had the same experience at these things as well. The trunk show is scheduled so that the designer can showcase the latest season of dresses. You usually have to make an appointment and sometimes the designer is there to get feedback on what you think of their designs.

I think you are thinking of a sample sale. That is where there are just racks and racks of dresses to browse through at 50-75% off. I've been to one of these and it is SO hectic, but if you're about a size 6 or smaller in regular clothing, you can usually catch a great deal at these. I've seen Vera Wangs and Monique's marked down to $1500 at sample sales. If you're going to a sample sale, I recommend wearing your bathing suit and bringing only one friend. Depending on how good the sale is, you might have to try the dress on right then and there in front of the other brides scrambling around. Bring at least one person to help you in and out of the dresses and have them take a picture so you can see what you look like in it since mirrors may not be easily accessible with the crowds. For sample sales, come EARLY!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards