Wedding Party

WPBP of the day

Are there any reoccuring nightmares that you have?

DO you like Shaun of the Dead?

Have you ever met another knottie in real life?

When you talk to friends or your man about the knot, do you say "my friends on the knot", "these girls online", "knotties", or do you just refer to everyone as "friends?"
Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: WPBP of the day

• Are there any reoccuring nightmares that you have?
    Definitely, but none I can share here...don't know anyone well enough.

Sadly, I have never seen it.

Not to my knowledge.

When you talk to friends or your man about the knot, do you say "my friends on the knot", "these girls online", "knotties", or do you just refer to everyone as "friends?"
    I don't talk about the knot. I just say 'online' if I read something worthy of repeating.
  • Are there any reoccuring nightmares that you have?I have an anxiety dream that I've had since college.  I'm waiting tables and everyone wants everything all at the same time, and I can't get it together.  Even though I haven't waited tables in years, I still have it when I'm stressed out.
    DO you like Shaun of the Dead?Yes!  DH had to talk me into it, b/c I hate scary movies.  It wasn't scary.
    Have you ever met another knottie in real life?Yes, quite a few.  I've been on a knottie off board for a couple of years, and I've met most of them at a couple of different GTGs, but they are far, so it's rare.  I met some girls from my local forever ago.  They weren't really my style.   
    When you talk to friends or your man about the knot, do you say "my friends on the knot", "these girls online", "knotties", or do you just refer to everyone as "friends?"To DH, I say the knotties.  To my sister, I just say my internet friends, to which she immediately starts making fun of me.
  • MNIN, I agree with your last answer. If I accidentally mention the knot to the wrong people, they give me a funny look. "Why are you still on the knot?" lol
    My Planning Bio
  • Exactly, they just don't get it.

But then, most of my friends make fun of people that use match.com, too.  Really?  It's 2010!
  • Agreed.  I only mention the knot to DH, to anyone else it's, "So I was looking around online and this crazy girl said...".  It's better left unsaid where I get my BSC stories from.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Nightmares? Not really, although sometimes I do dream that I am running at my hardest but i'm not moving fast or at all.

Shaun of the Dead? I feel asleep during the beginning one night. FI loves it though.

Knotties in Real Life? Nope. I'm the only one from SC i think.

What to call you? Well I tried the term "Knotties" a few times but it always sounds like i'm saying "the naughties" and my FI is like "huh?"  I now say "The girls on the knot"
    Anniversary
  • Are there any reoccuring nightmares that you have?  Not the exact dream, but recurring themes.  Leaving the house naked happens a lot, as well as my teeth falling out.  There was one time I was trying to jam the teeth back into place and it was SO painful.

DO you like Shaun of the Dead?  Love it!

Have you ever met another knottie in real life?  No.  Though one of my RL friends posted to this board a while back, and I felt really awkward about it, because it confirmed what all of our other friends were saying about the guy being bad news.  He ended up calling off the engagement.

When you talk to friends or your man about the knot, do you say "my friends on the knot", "these girls online", "knotties", or do you just refer to everyone as "friends?"  I try to limit myself to one Knot story a day, so I preface it by saying, "So the crazy Knot story of the day..."
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Are there any reoccuring nightmares that you have? 
    Not so much anymore, though when I was younger my dreams used to have sequels.  I'd have a dream, and then the next night or a while later, I'd have a dream that picked up where that one left off.  Very odd.  The worst was a series of dreams I had where I died in a new way each night.  That was not a fun week!

I haven't actually seen it, but I did love Zombieland.

No.  There was a Canadian Knottie GTG a while back, but that board is too slow for me to feel like I actually know the ladies.

When you talk to friends or your man about the knot, what do you call them/us?
    If I'm talking to FI, I'll say "the girls on the knot" or "this crazy girl on the knot", depending on context.  With my friends, it's usually "so I was on this wedding message board, and this crazy bride..."
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:7ad5363e-407d-49ca-a1ad-c0f8aa34c18ePost:18bc13d9-2b07-47a1-8da7-b5938843bba5">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]I always worry that RL people will think I'm some kind of wedding-obsessed nutcase who can't let go of the fact that her wedding's over or something.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]
    Considering that I got accused of being "wedding-obsessed" by one of my friends because I had the gall to browse wedding blogs, I definitely understand that.  I only talk about my wedding when people ask me (and that's just to answer questions: "have you booked anything?" "yeah, the hall and the church" and "do you have a date?" "yes"), I've booked hardly anything, but because I'm actually planning my wedding I'm obsessed?  Okay.

There definitely are people who are obsessed with weddings, but I think that our culture's focus on bridezillas and wedding-related shows makes people think that anything related to weddings is accordingly an obsession.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:7ad5363e-407d-49ca-a1ad-c0f8aa34c18ePost:efb93cd3-2ca1-4025-874c-61ee10f02b70">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are there any reoccuring nightmares that you have?  Not the exact dream, but recurring themes.  Leaving the house naked happens a lot, as well as my teeth falling out.  There was one time I was trying to jam the teeth back into place and it was SO painful.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

Oh, I forgot about my teeth dreams! I am missing the two teeth next to my front teeth...just never had adult teeth there. I have fake ones, and you really can't tell, but when I'm stressed I sometimes dream that one of them starts coming lose. It's always on a Friday night, with no dentists open until Monday, and in the dream I always know that if I just don't touch the tooth I'll be ok, but I can't help but wiggle it until it falls out. And then I have to wander around with a missing tooth. I always wake up thinking it was real.
  • CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited March 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:7ad5363e-407d-49ca-a1ad-c0f8aa34c18ePost:18bc13d9-2b07-47a1-8da7-b5938843bba5">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm embarrassed to say that I have, on one or two occassions, implied that something I'm talking about was actually posted back when I was planning my wedding. I love being on here, I love you guys, and the married ladies were by FAR the most help when I was planning, but I always worry that RL people will think I'm some kind of wedding-obsessed nutcase who can't let go of the fact that her wedding's over or something.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

I understand what you mean.  or me being the non-engaged girl, why is she on TK?  All started a few years back helping a friend plan her wedding.  Started again a couple months ago with a new SN.  I love the (nice) ladies on here and have fun talking about things.  I was in industry, so I feel I have some helpful knowledge

ETA: Emily, I have had teeth dreams!  Whenever I have a strange dream that really bothers me, I look it up.  I think I remember the teeth dream being about saying something you feel you shouldn't have. But I could be wrong.

A couple months ago I dreamt about talking turtles.  And included in the talking turtles dream was my first naked dream encounter.

Sometimes when someone is in my dream, and it is an odd encounter, I see them IRL and wonder "do they know I dreamt about them?!"
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • ditto on the teeth thing. I forgot about the dreams I have where I can't get my mouth to shut right. In my dream my lower teeth will close in front of my upper teeth, so I start wrestling with my jaw to get my lower teeth behind my upper teeth and end up grinding my teeth down and pulling them out.

*shudder* Then I promptly wake up and count my teeth. I agree with Aerin, those dreams are so painful.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I actually need a lot of dental work done because I haven't been in a while, which is part of why I think I keep having those dreams.  I'm getting a bunch of fillings on Friday, so hopefully that will help somewhat.  I've also heard that dreaming about losing your teeth means you feel like you're losing control in your life, which makes sense.

Aside from the teeth thing, my dreams have been having plots lately.  I think I need to start writing again, once the wedding is over and I can focus on something else for a change.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • CA2- I am one of those people that doesn't really get bothered by NEY girls on here. The only thing about a lot of them that bothers me is when the girl is planning the wedding and asking us all on here how to get her bf to propose. 

And dude, the knot is totally for a lot of girls who are NEY. When I go to that board, the whole background of my window turns into ads for diamond rings....Also, how many freakin' wedding ring ads are in bridal magazines?! A lot! 
    My Planning Bio
  • LMAO, I am definitely NOT a girl who is trying to find a way to get my BF to propose.  When the time comes, he will do it.  He just knows I am not waiting around for several years for him to do it, and I will not do it for him.  I have seen some of those posts though about girls who want to find ways of tricking/seducing guys into proposing.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Yep those are them. 
    My Planning Bio
  • Are there any reoccuring nightmares that you have? topless in public.  I never had those nightmares until recently.  I wish they'd go away. 

DO you like Shaun of the Dead? never seen it

Have you ever met another knottie in real life? not that I know of!

When you talk to friends or your man about the knot, do you say "my friends on the knot", "these girls online", "knotties", or do you just refer to everyone as "friends?" "You know that wedding website I spend on my time on?  Well, one of the girls on there..."
  • Are there any reoccuring nightmares that you have? I used to when I was a kid -a panther under my bed that chased me, and another one with some vile things in a dark field.

DO you like Shaun of the Dead? Yup.

Have you ever met another knottie in real life? Yeah, I went to one NJ Knottie GTG a long time ago.  I don't even remember who I met now.

When you talk to friends or your man about the knot, do you say "my friends on the knot", "these girls online", "knotties", or do you just refer to everyone as "friends?"  For you all, it's "The Knot Chicks," and when I'm talking about my club board, it's "The March '09-ers."

• Are there any reoccuring nightmares that you have? This is a weird one, but for years now I've had this dream where I'm at my son's funeral. It's really weird, because like each time, his age and cause of death are completely different. I've had them where he was just a baby and he just didn't survive birth, others where he's like in his 20s with a wife and it was a freak accident ... the creepiest one was he was a teenager that committed suicide. It's not like I have the dream on a weekly basis or anything, I've actually gone like 2 years between these dreams ... but I've been having them since I was 12.

DO you like Shaun of the Dead? YES! I also like Hot Fuzz!

Have you ever met another knottie in real life? No ... some of my club girls were in Disney at the same time as me, so there was potential to bump into somebody, but never happened.

When you talk to friends or your man about the knot, do you say "my friends on the knot", "these girls online", "knotties", or do you just refer to everyone as "friends?" Depends on the girl. If it's somebody like Stina or Aerin or somebody I interact with a lot, it's "My friend on the Knot" (I'm very slowly teaching DH names, hahaha) ... if it's a whiney beebee post that I'm making fun of it's usually "Some beebee bridezilla", lol.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • FI's learning names too!  I mentioned that some of us had been talking about doing a GTG at Disneyland, and his response was, "As long as I don't get introduced as DH."  I think it's adorable that he's picking up the lingo.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards