Chit Chat

Wedding Song Help....

Hi eveyone. Well I am getting married in 4 days now. And my FI asked me what am I walking down the asile to the bridal march or what? I really don't want the bridal march. But I will if I can't find a song that I like. Do any of yall have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Re: Wedding Song Help....

• I'm having the same issue, but I have a lot longer to decide. I hate the wedding march. Its boring. This sight has a lot of suggestions: http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-songs/processional-music?page=2
    I love country music, so my options include: Fall Into Me - Brantley Gilbert
    Hearts are Breaking Across Texas - Aaron Watson
    Jessica's Theme from the movie The Man From Snowy River
    Good luck!
  • I used a string quartet arrangement of a song FI and I both love ("Falling Slowly," from Once).  There are orchestral versions of just about every song you can think of.  I'd start by picking a song that means something to you guys, then looking for a piano-only or string quartet version of the song.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Trumpet Voluntary is also really nice if you're looking for something tradtional.  Or you could use Pachelbel's Canon or Bach's Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring (listen on iTunes and I'm sure you will recognize these pieces of music).

If you are getting marriedin a church, be sure to clear your music choice with your officiant first.
    DSC_9275
  • FWIW, I used Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles, played on guitar.
  • i2i, Swag--H and I walked down the aisle to a guitar solo of "And I Love Her." :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_wedding-song-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:3b28c2ad-7ff0-4dbf-8dfd-e664c1683102Post:8b4dd649-7a37-439f-9649-8c3b0ed25849">Re: Wedding Song Help....</a>:
    [QUOTE]FWIW, I used Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles, played on guitar.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

<div>I love that! I've been trying to figure out what to use too- I might have to borrow this. Did you have a live guitar player, or use a recording? I'll have to see if I can find a recording. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I used "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel played by string trio. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • We used a recording of "Open Window (The Wedding Song)" by Sarah Harmer.  A very sweet, simple little tune.  We got many complements on the choice - no one had heard it before but they loved it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I seriously have NO idea what I walked down to... I had my singer choose, and never even noticed what she was singing or playing... Lol, the day goes by so quick, its amazing how you don't even notice the little things that you take all of that time to prepare!   Best wishes and take it all in!  The day is over so quick, so try to take a moment and sink it all in!!!  :) Its the greatest day ever!!!!  It was magical11!
  • I walked down to the wedding march, but my friend, who is a professional flautist played it.  So, it was clearly the wedding march, but it sounded "cooler", if that makes any sense.  It was traditional, but not.
  • I'm considering entering to the first movement of The Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra and exiting to the final movement of the same.

• I walked to the instrumental version of "Turning Page" by Sleeping At Last. It's a super gorgeous piano song that you may or may not recognize from a popular movie (that I won't admit it's from.) :)
    Anniversary
  • I wanted to incorporate music from our both of our hertiges into our wedding. So I'm planning on walking to the aisle to an instrumental version of a traditional italian song.

I really was hoping to find something of polish descent to walk down to to represent my fiance's side but all the music I could find was awful. (so we may be doing the polka at the reception by his grandpa's request.)
  • Thank you all everyone. I think we might have found one but I am still looking. I kind of like Because You Loved Me by Celine Deon.
  • http://youtu.be/y8sjkMBf4p0

If you want something instrumental look through some of Yiruma's stuff. Beautiful piano pieces. I am thinking about the one above. I have no processional, so it'll just be me and my dad walking down the isle probably 30 seconds or so in to the song.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The church we were married in provided us with a CD of pieces, and we chose from that.  The bridesmaids processed in to Pachelbel's Canon in D, I walked to Trumpet Voluntary, and we processed out to Ode to Joy.  Fairly traditional, but I did want to avoid the wedding march.

If you have the freedom to pick pretty much anything you want, that's awesome.  Although having such limited choices made things easier in a lot of ways.
  • I walked down the aisle to I Wanna Grow Old WIth You by Adam Sandler. It fit both of our personalities well and I just thought it was a really sweet song.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards