Not Engaged Yet

vent

So I ordered a dress almost 2 weeks ago from an express store since my size was not available in store, to be shipped to me at work.  So I still don't have the dress I bought for tomorrow's wedding.  It was sent USPS they said it was delivered Tuesday.  I don't have the package, no one in my co's mail room does, nor the building's mail room.  The post office claims they are looking for it. I called 4 different stores to see if they had the dress or any dress similar in a size 0 not white in stock and nothing.  I've been trying to track this dress since yesterday.... 

All of the dresses I currenly have all need to be dry cleaned and they won't have anything ready in time.  No idea what I will do tomorrow...

Anniversary

Re: vent

• wow, thats horrible, hoping things turn around for the best!!!!
    Daisypath Friendship tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
  • Sounds like it's time to go to an Express store, pick a DIFFERENT dress, wear it, then return it. Normally I don't condone that, but under the circumstances, it sounds fair!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_vent-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c6368153-5b72-4733-a2ef-b8bb49c7f49dPost:e645df8a-54d8-43f7-ae45-f536fe5e07e0">Re: vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sounds like it's time to go to an Express store, pick a DIFFERENT dress, wear it, then return it. Normally I don't condone that, but under the circumstances, it sounds fair!
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]
    I totally would I called over to 5 Express stores all within an hour away and none of them have the dress in a size 0, or much of anything in a size 0 at all.  Express rarely stocks 0 in store and when they do it's like 1 or 2. 

BF as a joked suggested we wear halloween costumes, lol.

Anniversary

• Unfortunately, Danser is so tiny that they might not have anything in her size.

I really hope the package shows up...like now!
  • me too, but I doubt at this point in the day.  Meanwhile work is serving ice cream....

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_vent-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c6368153-5b72-4733-a2ef-b8bb49c7f49dPost:7e2653bc-1405-42d6-9bed-4292050e394e">Re: vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]me too, but I doubt at this point in the day.  Meanwhile work is serving ice cream....
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

<div>So have about 5 servings and then you'll be able to fit into a size 2 :) </div><div>
    </div><div>I kid! I kid! </div><div>
    </div><div>I'm sorry the USPS sucks. Have you looked at places like The Limited, White House Black Market or Anne Taylor? When I was a size 0 (oh so long ago) I always had good luck finding small sizes at those places.</div><div>
    </div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_vent-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c6368153-5b72-4733-a2ef-b8bb49c7f49dPost:55ea6af3-6952-4aa4-a7e7-3075909d0c1e">Re: vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: vent : I totally would I called over to 5 Express stores all within an hour away and none of them have the dress in a size 0, or much of anything in a size 0 at all.  Express rarely stocks 0 in store and when they do it's like 1 or 2.  BF as a joked suggested we wear halloween costumes, lol.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

I don't know why, but buying dresses to wear to weddings always causes me anxiety. I think it's ridiculous that they don't carry this sizes in the store. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_vent-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c6368153-5b72-4733-a2ef-b8bb49c7f49dPost:bbe2382e-b25a-4799-a552-114a1b44f147">Re: vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: vent : So have about 5 servings and then you'll be able to fit into a size 2 :)  I kid! I kid!  I'm sorry the USPS sucks. Have you looked at places like The Limited, White House Black Market or Anne Taylor? When I was a size 0 (oh so long ago) I always had good luck finding small sizes at those places.
    Posted by lennonkdc[/QUOTE]

I wish I could have 5 serving of ice cream.  I was in Limited & NY & co 2 weeks ago ago and they had no zeros. 
    Something will work itself out somehow.  I may stop by the mall soon anyway.

Anniversary

• I like tiger's and lennon's advice. Go to white house black market or the limited, buy a dress, and return it later if you get a refund or your dress comes in. I'm sorry you're dealing with this stress!
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • I feel your pain! It's so hard to find clothes in a size 0. There's one mall store near me that always has lots of choice in 00 and 0, but otherwise, I have a really hard time finding dresses (and pants, for that matter...). 

Because I'm Canadian, and you're not, I really can't suggest a store to try, but I'd suggest just hitting the mall in general. You never know what you might find!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • I had no luck at the mall, White House Black Market had a few dresses one I loved was too long and the 2 or 3 other dresses didn't fit right.  NY&CO had one cute dress but it cut really low.  Oh well, one dress I have I isn't too dirty I steamed it and it doesn't have any real stains or anything on it.  So it will work, of course I like the dress too.  I just hope the dress eventually makes it to me now.

As always thanks for the great suggestions. I <3 you guys.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards