Pre-wedding Parties

Engagement party or not? (& on a budget!)

Hello All.  Happy Holidays!! I am struggling with the idea of having an engagement party or not. I do not know the etiquette for this event.  My MOH suggested having at a restaurant & ppl pay for themselves. My FH & i are the kind of ppl that don't want ppl to pay for themselves if we invite them out. But being on limited funds, I was thinking of having something at our house but the bridal party has at least 20 ppl & the guest list is 150 but we know all will not come to the engagement party due to being in other states. We think maybe 50 ppl will come. I don't know how I feel about having that many ppl in our house at once. Undecided
Does anyone have any suggestions? I would appreciate any. Smile

Re: Engagement party or not? (& on a budget!)

• I thought someone was supposed to offer to throw you the party. I could be wrong on this, though. The idea is that you're not supposed to throw a party where you yourself are the guest of honor. Not that you can't have a party. I just would leave the words engagement and wedding out of it.
  • Thank you both for the advice. I think I know how to handle this now. :-)
  • We are also on a budget and we did not have an engagement party. We thought it wasn't necessary and that if we are having everything else (shower, bachelorette, etc.), why bother? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards