Illinois-Chicago

transportation vendors (Large Groups)

Hi Ladies,

I wanted to see if anyone has contacted transportation vendors to get quotes for transportation for the entire wedding reception to their hotels. We are expecting about 150 people and anticipate that 120 will stay until our reception ends at 1130pm. From that point we want to offer transportation back to their hotels or to a bar of our choice to continue the party.

Does anyone have recommendations? We are getting married in December and we just don’t want people waiting for cabs out in the cold. We also are trying to get a good deal (if that’s even possible) so any help would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks so much and I hope everyone is having a good day thus far,

Ashley 

Re: transportation vendors (Large Groups)

• We're using windy city limos (they have buses and several options).  I'm not sure on price though.  My dad is in charge of transportation (he wanted a job for the wedding to keep him busy), but he said that they are really easy to work with and reasonably priced.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_transportation-vendors-large-groups?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:da5241da-c6ab-49bc-9202-54ea46fd3b8aPost:44864da3-7722-489b-a274-bb1ba7fa6af2">Re: transportation vendors (Large Groups)</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're using windy city limos (they have buses and several options).  I'm not sure on price though.  My dad is in charge of transportation (he wanted a job for the wedding to keep him busy), but he said that they are really easy to work with and reasonably priced.
    Posted by Abonsut[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank you! I am nervous it is going to cost a ton, but we don't want our guests waiting for cabs in Dec!</div>
  • I believe it may cost you over 1k, based off of what my FH and I are currently looking into.  The problem is going to be that most vendors will require a minimum amount of time (3 hours) so you'll have to pay for that entire 3 hour block even if you only use 30 minutes. :-\
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_transportation-vendors-large-groups?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:da5241da-c6ab-49bc-9202-54ea46fd3b8aPost:e44ea476-d603-41fb-a371-6b3b1774b7ed">Re: transportation vendors (Large Groups)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I believe it may cost you over 1k, based off of what my FH and I are currently looking into.  The problem is going to be that most vendors will require a minimum amount of time (3 hours) so you'll have to pay for that entire 3 hour block even if you only use 30 minutes. :-\
    Posted by NBADancer[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>We've been coming across that as well. M&M in Chicago offers one-point drop off locations. We are looking into that as well.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards