Wedding Reception Forum

Ballroom Help

Hi! So, my man and I are not your typical ballroom kind of people and would much prefer to have a super unique reception site.  However, due to a tight budget and a family connection, we will be having our reception in a ballroom/banquet room.  We know we are saving a TON of money going this route (which is very important), but at the same time we don't want it to be just your average ballroom reception...Any fun, unique ideas or suggestions on how to make a boring ballroom into something funky and different? Decor? Lighting? I'm totally a novice on that stuff, so any and all help is appreciated :) 

Re: Ballroom Help

• One of the challenges for our ballroom wedding was that the ballroom was too big.  It sat 600 and we were only 200.   We worked with our venue to add a couple of seating areas (rented furniture) to fill the space.  This gave it a different feel and gave guests options to sit & chat if they didn't want to dance. 
  • I love the idea of a lounge type setting... couches, chairs, etc... it gives guests a chance to sit and interact without being at the dining table or on the dance floor.
    Praying for a miracle!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards