Wedding Etiquette Forum

Good morning people!

Re: Good morning people!

• Morning everyone!

I am annoyed.  I planned on going swimming this morning.  The pool opens at 10am.  I haven't used the condo's pool yet this year, so I was pretty excited.  I woke up at 7:30 and it seemed kind of dark in the apt...look outside and it is cool and cloudy.

Now it is POURING out and there has been thunder rumbling.  grrrrr
  • July - My boss does stuff like that all the time - he never accepts responsiblity for ANYTHING and just tries to pin it on anyone else - usually its me cause I'm there all the time. It's frustrating cause he's the manager - & its even worse because he will do it right infront of our customers as well. I'm sorry you're having a rough morning though =(

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sorry July, breath in and out slowly.  Formulate in your head a response to yor boss, and then type it out but do not send it until you have time to reread, edit, and then send.  Chin up, you are so close.
  • Thanks guys.  I wouldn't be so upset if the email hadn't come from someone I respect and who usually praises my work.  I have to figure out what I'm going to respond with.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Good Morning!

It's super dark and rainy here right now.  I'm actually glad for that, we've needed the rain.  FI and I are going out for sushi tonight and then are going to a baseball game for our minor league team.  Those are always fun!

I don't think we're doing much Saturday and Sunday, which is fine by me.  It's supposed to be still hot and sticky this weekend, so I'm good with staying in.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • July...that definitely sucks...

I would probably start off with something like "I am sorry you feel that way, however...."
  • Morning!  I slept in my own bed last night, and it was heavenly.  I have to share it with H tonight, though.  Oh well. 

Mica, from someone who has had to work in yards with that fabric crap, I hatehatehate that stuff.  Weeds still end up coming through and it ends up disintegrating into a nasty mess. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Good Morning!

I still have my migraine, but I haven't been able to take anything strong enough to kill it.

Hope today is good, it's going to be a scorcher.
  • Ugggghhhh, Steffi, you guys can keep that heat down there.  It's supposed to be here tomorrow, when I'm moving furniture.  Not happy about that.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Sorry July. That's rough, especially when it's unexpected. As PPs said, just take your time formulating a response, let it sit, reread/edit it and send it out.
  • Good morning.

Today is starting out pretty good.  Chef D decided to spend the night under the bed instead of on top of the bed.  DH and I both slept really well.   DH even got up early and so well rested he took Chef D to daycare for me.  

I have to work a half day tomorrow. Boo.  Good news is I have a 90 minute massage and then a pedi after.  Yay for spa day.

Sunday is just hanging out with DH.    I'm not sure if I have to work on the 4th yet.  Normally it's my half day. DH has a half day also, so I might just go in to get hours.  It's going to be dead because someone made a mistake and now we don't have any guests.  But it's an easy 4 hours.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Morning.  Just trying to make it until 3:00 to start the weekend.  For some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to head further south for the weekend, so I'm going to see my parents in GA.  106 tomorrow...ugh.

H is going to Savannah and I'm really jealous.  Aside from Charleston, that's my favorite place to go. 
  • WE GOT THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They came and met us in the middle between their bottom and our highest and it is perfect.  I am so excited!  I feel all growd up.  We are signing our lives away today. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats Habs!  Your hand will be cramped up by the end of the day, but it'll be worth it!

• Congratulations Habs!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Congratulations Habs! That's so exciting!
  • Morning!
     I've only had a chance to skim so hugs to all of you who aren't feeling well or are stressed at work today.

Went to Ikea for the first time yesterday.  OMG, I could get in SOOO much trouble there!  We're redoing the man cave/office to make it an office and play room.  Her toys are getting bigger and the living room needs to be a living room again.  We go tthe computer stations and TV taken care of and now have some putting away and organizing to do.  I want to redo the kitchen so badly but it's a project several years away and by then, I would hope to be in a different house.  So, it looks like we're going to at least put in a high cabinet pantry with drawers and shelves to replace our 4 shelf generic cabinet.  But, probably not until closer to the end of the summer when we know how much we have left from our summer budget.  I LOVE projects like this!

We're having a family day around the house and both of us will be working on our classes off and on.  Oh, and tomorrow is our 5th anniversary. Smile
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Congrats Habs!!!
  • Congrats Habs!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats, Habs! !

• I love Ikea MrsB, it's an addiction.

The cookout for tomorrow just got moved to 7:30 due to heat. LOL
  • Congratulations, Habs!

And also Mrs. B!  Five years!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Happy (early) Anniversary, Mrs. B!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Happy Anniversary Mrs B!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Habs, that is the best! 

Mrs.B, your summer sounds wonderful.  Enjoy your day.  Happy Early Anniversary.

• Good morning!

I did an evil-good deed for the day. An acquaintance on facebook has announced that she is getting married this weekend, but is planning on having a "real" wedding next summer (read: PPD). I congratulated her and told her about this great website called TK, and the forums give great advice. Hehehehehe....

• Happy anniversary Mrs. B!  Do you guys have anything fun planned?

• Wow!  5 years!  That's awesome!  Congratulations Mrs. B!

Thanks everyone.  I am so excited.  (if you couldn't tell by my mass amounts of !!!)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-people-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3ecbf8a8-a8f2-412c-9d41-f983114c83ffPost:364b2be5-f572-4794-a1eb-cd6ad6cf5eca">Re: Good morning people!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy anniversary Mrs. B!  Do you guys have anything fun planned?
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

Mr B has his master's class all day tomorrow so we can't really do anything.  BB's sitter does some summer days every couple of weeks so the kids can see each other and not go too long without the routine of getting dropped off for a day (makes for fewer tears when school starts again) so we took advantage of yesterday's summer day and spent our anniversary at Ikea. ;-) 

• Happy early anniversary MrsB!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards