Outdoor Weddings

aisle runner?

My ceremony is going to be outside in a grassy area. Has anyone fiqured out what the are going to do for footwear and if you are going to do an aisle runner? Won't the heels of shoes get stuck in the ground, and go right through the aisle runner if it's not on hard surface?

Re: aisle runner?

• Aisle runners are a bad idea on grass. You're right, heels will get stuck and it will be a tripping hazard. Aisle runners bunch up and can hide uneven spots on the ground, too. So unless it's on a hard surface (and held firmly in place) then don't use an aisle runner. You CAN line your aisle with flower petals, which looks really lovely, if you have it in your budget. As for heels sinking into grass....I got married on grass and didnt sink it, but it hadn't rained in over a week, and was in a well-drained area. If you're worked about it, you can get some sole-mates (www.solemates.com) to slip over your heels.
    DSC_9275
  • I got sole mates and they were FAIL. I was so disappointed. So I just wore my heels and trudged on, and it wasn't that bad.
  • Or wear wedges or flats.  Those shouldn't sink. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I bought a white artificial turf runner (see link below).  It was pricey, but it has a rubber backing so I won't sink through the runner in heels and it has grommets at the ends so it can be staked down.  Regular fabric or plastic runners are a HUGE tripping hazard in grass.   I would recommend getting something like what I am ordering (they have turf and carpet outdoor runners).  They aren't cheap though.

http://www.rugstreet.com/CTGY/outdoor-runners.html
  • Solemates, wedges, flats, or a chunky heel. Aisle runners look out of place outdoors plus like other PPs said its a tripping hazard. Another thing if you really want a skinny heel is to learn/practice walking on your toes so there is very little weight on the heel so it doesnt sink in (although when you stand still your going to sink anyway)
    Pumpernickel and olive juice
  • Don't cover up all that gorgeous grass, it'll be beeeeeautiful in the photos next to your white dress!!!

I agree with the others, and am going to be following through with my own footwear in my outdoor wedding.  Chunky soles are your friend.  Be it wedges, big fat heels, flats, etc.

And hey, added bonus of you being less likely to trip on your wedding day.  Wins all around.

Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards