Connecticut
Options

Looking for a beach house/estate

I'm getting married June of next year, and was thinking of trying to rent a beach house/estate for an outside ceremony and reception for about 70 people. I've seen others post they were looking at doing similar, and they said they found houses at vrbo.com that said they allow weddings. I have yet to see one specifially list that, so i was wondering if anyone has done this, and if so what house? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Looking for a beach house/estate

• Options
    I haven't done this but you should check out the Eolia Mansion at Harkness State Park. It's gorgeous.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Options
    id012id012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    This was our orginal idea.. and I can tell you i probably e-mailed 50 or so people off of vrbo and other websites. There was one place that we could do it at but it was crazy expensive. All the other places said they couldnt help us. We ended up booking madison beach hotel.

I will say the 2 biggest problems with renting a house to do it at is #1 parking... Down on the shore there isnt alot of parking for 50 cars or so you know. And #2 you would probably have to have it be over around 10 for the noise. And of course you have to bring everything in, port o pottys probably too, which will get expensive.
    BUT! I really really hope you can find someone to let you rent there house to do it!! It was my dream too! Also maybe trying looking in RI too.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_looking-for-a-beach-houseestate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:20168bac-2f9f-4a75-b8e6-6d6c2287af64Post:7632f6de-68a2-4005-860f-02fd52742374">Re: Looking for a beach house/estate</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't done this but you should check out the Eolia Mansion at Harkness State Park. It's gorgeous.
    Posted by Amanda1443994[/QUOTE]

I second this, Eolia mansion is absolutely beautiful, and the whole park is beautiful...we had our E-pics there and if I could do it all over again I would get married there.  There's actually 2 mansions and the 2nd might be more suitable for a smaller wedding.  Either way, the park is huge, and there is a nice beach also and great views!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker kayleigh-3-1 Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards