Florida-South Florida

Wedding night hotel poll! Need your help ladies!

One of my bridesmaids uncle is hooking us up, cause he works for the company. At the delray bch resort we would have to pay $75 for the night. At the Boca raton resort we wouldn't pay anything because he works at that exact hotel. I don't mind paying, its not that much but I need your help ladies cause we can't decide!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 134 image 102 image 15 image 17

Re: Wedding night hotel poll! Need your help ladies!

• edited December 2011
    Which is nicer?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • RaquelSRaquelS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_wedding-night-hotel-poll-need-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:cee25b70-e5bc-4fbe-8a20-7728d968fa9dPost:e0f83434-4c28-49b8-a2e9-2728fb845a40">Re: Wedding night hotel poll! Need your help ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Which is nicer?
    Posted by XxMari518xX[/QUOTE]

<div>Ya if the one in Delray is nicer it might be worth the extra $75. But if the Boca one is just as nice - free sounds awesome!</div>
    *So Fla Board February Siggy* My babe and I
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    With all the money you are paying on a wedding, take the freebie. I would love if someone offered me something for free.
  • edited December 2011
    Never been to either but I agree take the freebie - even if the other one is a little nicer it will make up for it when you're like wow this is totally free! (at least it would for me:))
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know about either hotel but I too would go for whichever is nicer.

I am starting to think dangerously now, with all the money I am spending, $75 extra a night would not hurt the huge dent already there. I would rather stay at a nice hotel than save $75 a night.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Squeaky00Squeaky00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I vote for Boca Resort.  I have seen pictures and I think it is beautiful.  I am also looking into a place to get ready at right now.  Boca Resort is one of my options.
  • edited December 2011
    The Boca Resort is AMAZING!!! If you've never been there, it's gorgeous, the pool is so nice, they have a beach area. They also have a Serendipity (famous ice cream place from NYC that only hotel guests can eat at). It's heads and tails nicer than a Marriott (not that anything is wrong with a Marriott, I just wouldn't consider it a luxury resort).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Website
    image 143 Invited
    image 110 Are ready to party!
    image 31 Are party poopers!
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh yeah that's right they do have the serendipity. Yeah it's guests only. Well thanks ladies for your advice. But I've chosen Boca raton resort. And I will definitely have my 1st experience with serendipity! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 134 image 102 image 15 image 17
  • edited December 2011
    You're going to love it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Website
    image 143 Invited
    image 110 Are ready to party!
    image 31 Are party poopers!
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox!
  • edited December 2011
    Freebie and use the extra money you'd be paying at the other one for other honeymoon "must haves."

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
  • edited December 2011
    My suggestion would be to book the Marriott just in case they have overbooked the Boca Resort (since it's a freebie, they usually move those first). Just double check Marriott's cancellation policy. That's one less headache.
    *** TTC since 10/2010 (no planned bc since 2007) Me (31) Sept 2012 - DX Luteal Phase Defect. HSG 8/2012: both tubes are open, cervix and lining look good; hypothyroidism; DH (35) SA Normal Clomid 50mg, trigger
    10/2012 BFFN 1st cycle on clomid 50mg w/trigger shot, progesterone level 19.7, cd28 - hcg level 0.
    ***12/2012 Cycle #25 TTA break until March 2013***
    3T Jan2013 Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Winter image
    OB/GYN=expertise in pregnancy/labor; RE=expertise in getting pregnant. (read this on someone's post, feel free to PM me to give you credit) I'm so glad I have a RE on my team. Consult a RE after 1 year under 35yo; 6 months 35yo+
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards