August 2013 Weddings

Proof my invites?

I want to order my invites while Invitations By Dawn is having a big sale, so I'm feeling extra neurotic about spelling!

The invite:
Steven and Karen XXXX
request the honor of your presence
at the marriage of their daughter
Kirstin Elizabeth
to
Steven Anthony
son of Steven and Serafina XXXX
on Saturday, the tenth of August
Two thousand and thirteen
at two-thirty in the afternoon

Response Card:
We can't wait to celebrate with you!
Kindly respond by July 20, 2013
M_______________
___ accept with pleasure
___ decline with regret

Reception Card:
To help us celebrate,
please join us for the reception
at Five-Thirty in the evening
The Graycliff
290 Moonachie Avenue
Moonachie, New Jersey
Wedding Countdown Ticker
140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

Re: Proof my invites?

• Nice!  I did notice a couple of super-minor things, but I am DEFINITELY no invite etiquette expert...

-I think when you are listing married couples by their first names (as opposed to Mr. and Mrs. Bob Smith), you are supposed to list the woman's name first.  The theory is that you don't separate the man from his last name.  I found this one out after doing it wrong on all my STDS!

-I'm not sure that you should capitalize "Two thousand" on the invite or "Five-thirty" on the reception card.

-For the response cards, I would use accept(s) and decline(s), but that's just my personal preference.

Good luck!  Again, I'm definitely no expert so I'd post on invites and paper if you need to double check anything.  I'm ordering mine tonight too; Wedding Paper Divas is also having a sale.  Hooray for a big check!
  • Thanks so much!! I would never have  thought about splitting a man from his name!

The 'two thousand' and 'five-thirty' are capitalized only because of the typeface used - it's an all-caps font (Serlio), and I thought it looked more balanced in caps than otherwise. And I totally thought I had accepts and declines, bah!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_proof-my-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:cb585123-510c-4155-bb04-7bee03037b12Post:0d908932-7d36-4444-ab86-ea7c64c28c49">Re: Proof my invites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Thanks so much!! I would never have  thought about splitting a man from his name! </strong>The 'two thousand' and 'five-thirty' are capitalized only because of the typeface used - it's an all-caps font (Serlio), and I thought it looked more balanced in caps than otherwise. And I totally thought I had accepts and declines, bah!
    Posted by xxstardust[/QUOTE]

I know, so old fashioned, right?  I think in most cases nobody notices these things except for one aunt who takes it very seriously.  The capitalizations should be fine if it makes it look nicer!
  • And they're officially ordered! Eep, what a big check!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Congrats! Me too! Probably my most nerve wracking check so far. Thankful for FI and his awesome attention to detail.
  • Thats exciting! Which invites did you end up going with?
  • Very nice, I really like those :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards