Texas-Houston

Question About Name Changes

I just booked my honeymoon. I don't know how to put my name on tickets because your tickets have to match your passport and I don't know how long I have after my wedding to change my name. I don't know which agency to ask about this...help?

Re: Question About Name Changes

• edited December 2011
    How soon is your honeymoon after your wedding?  If you are traveling out of the country for your honeymoon right after your wedding, I suggest that you use your current name when purchasing your tickets.  We've already purchased our tickets for our honeymoon for next April, and we purchased them using my maiden name.  It takes 4-6 weeks to get your passport processed, unless you have it expedited which will cost an additional $170+ through a service...

Check out... http://travel.state.gov/passport/processing/processing_1740.html

http://travel.state.gov/passport/correcting/ChangeName/ChangeName_851.html

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In order to change your name you will need marriage license after it is sent off after you get married. Depending what county you get your marriage license depends on how long it takes. Harris county takes 4-6 weeks. I got mine at the 6 week mark, but I went up and got an notarized copy a few weeks before because I needed for some insurance documents.

However, for your honeymoon I would just use your maiden name. What ever is on your passport is what needs to be on the ticket.
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • edited December 2011
    def use your maiden name on everything for your honeymoon travel documents. you wont be able to change your name till after you get your marriage license back, which im guessing, wont be till after your honeymoon.
  • edited December 2011

As PP have said - unless you are going on your HM much later - leave it in your maiden name.  You and your H may have to go through customs separately due to different names, but that is the only problem I had (and this was well BEFORE 9/11).

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I just got back from our honeymoom.  I used my maiden name but when we were asked if we were traveling as a family we said yes.  We went out of the country (Panama) and didn't have a problem there or when we arived back in the states.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards