Maryland
Options

Maryland castle

I am having a difficult time deciding on a castle for a Demeber 2012 wedding. 

I really want a venue that has a castle-like feel inside and out. I do not want to have have my reception in a tent.

Maryvale castle in Maryland  is close to where I live, but it is slightly small and I am not too fond of the idea of having to shuffle my guests back and forth between the 4 downstairs rooms. The rest of the "castles" I have seen in Maryland look like large stonework mansions or seem small.

Thank you!

Re: Maryland castle

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The only ones I can think of are Cloisters and Maryvale. Maybe someone else can chme in?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Cloister's. Also look at Gramercy Mansion, really beautiful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I was told that Cloisters is rather small. I was hoping for something bigger than Maryvale.

I did not think Gramercy Mansion looked like castle, but I might have to relook at that venue again.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A dear friend (actually a couple that is in our wedding party) was married at the Cloisters.  Definitely go see it at least to get a feel for it!  It's really close to Maryvale.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland_maryland-castle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:627Discussion:6b09a24e-3482-4cb1-972c-784a85890fd9Post:d8b4bfea-ccd9-4def-be89-76d73daa2546">Re: Maryland castle</a>:
    [QUOTE] I was told that Cloisters is rather small. I was hoping for something bigger than Maryvale. I did not think Gramercy Mansion looked like castle, but I might have to relook at that venue again.
    Posted by felysion[/QUOTE]

I am getting married at Gramercy - not a castle, but definitely an  older feel. Hey - I wanted an on the water wedding and ended up picking Gramercy, so you never know lol.
  • Options
    katelynmn12katelynmn12 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a place in Baltimore that is called the Evergreen Museum and Library.  It is not a castle but it is huge and reminds me of one.  

Here is some pictures I found online

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards