Christian Weddings
Options

For non dancing Brides

Hey all! Quick Q? If you are not having dancing at your wedding, will you atleast have a first dance with your hubby, or a father/daughter dance?  I want a F/d dance but I am sure that my dad will not want to dance, so I am thinkng of dedicating a song to him.  What do you all think? I still want a first dance though, and then from there we will probably play dinner music or have the community dancing songs ie. Cupid shuffle/cha cha slide... and thats it.  Whats your plan?
Photobucket

Re: For non dancing Brides

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours is still far off, but I imagine our situation is the same as yours... light music most of the time but we might do a couple of the community dancing songs just for kicks. And I am absolutely doing both the first dance and father/daughter dance! But then my dad and I can't wait to do our wacky dance! Go ahead and ask yours what he's comfortable with... I think it would be really sweet to dedicate a song to him. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking about having a morning wedding and skipping the dancing.
  • Options
    nationalvixennationalvixen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having mine at a restaurant so no dancing at all.
    It actually saves me because there is a 16 inch height difference between Fi and I and I had worried how we would dance when I cant put my arms around his neck!
    Also, I don't want a F/D dance.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought we were the only couple doing background music. Thank goodness this is not the case! I am so afriad our wedding will be "that boring one" but I hope a photo taking station will be entertaining. We sometimes dance but unfortunately FI is not skilled in slow dancing. (That's okay with me, because the guy can cook and this is WAY more benficial to me. Ha ha!) )We plan to have a quick first dance (hopefully slightly chorographed) and that's it. We come from broken homes and I would find it a bit awkward to dance with just my mom.  
  • Options
    nationalvixennationalvixen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it is boring without the dancing, don't people always complain about having to dance at weddings anyways?
    I am setting mine up like a fun family dinner and only inviting the closest people to me. Good people, good food, good conversation.. and as it's a Sunday nobody has to worry about being hungover for work the next day. Score!
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had dancing all night at ours.. after our grand entrace we did our 1st dance then a F/D dance, and a M/S dance. The M/S dance was really special and me and SIL cried through it because MIL just fought and won her battle with cancer this year so it was a beautiful and emotional dance. Then we did the toasts and had dinner. After dinner, the dj played a lot of the community dance songs like OP mentioned Cha Cha Slide, Macarena, etc.. then after that he just played regular music and the dance floor was packed the rest of the night and was a great time. I love dancing at weddings, and so does DH and we're looking forward to my friend's wedding next week which is outside so I hope there's a dance floor so my heels don't sink into the ground haha.

I have seen weddings where there isn't dancing, but they do still do the 1st dance and then the F/D dance, etc.. this was done at my aunt's wedding and it worked out fine. After the spotlight dances they just put on jazz and easy listening as background music.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We won't be having dancing as our parents (and church) don't want it. However, I will want my first dance with FI so at some point during the day we'll have one. We're at 11 months right now so I just have a basic idea of the wedding day timeline. We're taking all of our pictures before, so we'll do it sometime then. Maybe even in the reception room after it's all set up. I've seen pictures of that and thought it was beautiful. I can't find one at the moment, but this is kind of the same idea.

• Options
    felkelsfelkels member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WE got married at a place that would not let us dance.  Our DJ anounced us coming out, then we ate, and had a reception line going by our sweetheart table.  No dancing, but fun 50-60's music and it was great.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone, I am thinking that this will all work out okay.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards