DC
Options

ever heard of this?

My FMIL wants to invite all of our guests to the Welcome Reception the night before the wedding (we are having a private Rehearsal Dinner with immediate family earlier).  I guess I don't mind, but I've never heard of inviting ALL guests -- including locals -- to the night-before activities.

Has anyone heard of doing that, or planning to do that themselves?

Re: ever heard of this?

• Options
    SwizzleStiXSwizzleStiX member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard of it, but haven't really known anyone to do it.

We're planning to tell guests we'll be at X bar around 8 pm if they want to meet up with us (more like our OOT friends, not coming to the rehearsal dinner but we want to hang out with on Friday). It's nothing organized and formal, other than saying we'll be there. We're planning to have a drink or two and going back to the hotel for the night.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm I haven't heard of that.  We're not inviting everyone especially since we are seeing them the next day and that would be uber expensive.  What we are doing is telling all the OOT to meet us a the bowling alley for a couple hrs of bowling and horrible food/beer.  That was the most fun, cheapest thing I could think of that would still get us in bed at a reasonable time.    
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i have never really heard of inviting everyone. i've heard of inviting all out of town guests- now if most of your guests are out of town, i guess that might make sense. we'll be having our rehersal dinner with just the bridal party and then a dessert reception at FMIL's house around 8pm for those guests who are from out of town to show a little appreciation for making the trip.
  • Options
    ngarza78ngarza78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our next door neighbors did this. It was a very nice pig roast and I think everyone was invited. The grooms mom wanted to do this for them. It was good to meet some of the other people, so we kinda knew some people at the wedding. We are not doing this for our wedding next month.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going to be inviting everyone to a welcome picnic in lieu of a rehearsal dinner.  We have a lot of friends and family who are from out of town and we don't see often, so we opted to have something where we can spend time with all of our guests instead of just family and close friends.  We have also been to several weddings where they had a rehearsal dinner and then invited everyone out to a bar afterwards.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • Options
    razdazzlerazdazzle member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister had a bbq/picnic during the day and invited everyone - but it was basically a destination wedding.

We are doing something similar to swizzle stix- having a family and bridal party rehearsal dinner and inviting everyone out for drinks afterwards.  It will be very informal and mostly for our friends who may want to go out Saturday night (we are having a Sunday wedding).  Fi and I will probably have one-two drinks and then leave.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a welcome party at a bar and invited everyone...it was not anything fancy and I sent out a FB event invite and put it on our website.  It was really just DH and I hanging out with our friends the night before the wedding.
    Expecting Two Little Knuckleheads in June! BabyName TickerBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are inviting guests to Lucky Strike where we have reserved some bowling lanes for everyone to have fun, mingle and eat/drink.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards