November 2012 Weddings

What next?

So far these are the following things that are booked/paid for/done lol:

- Venue (including hotel room & flowers)
- Got my dress (like it's actually in my mom's closet so FI doesn't see it) and made the alterations appointment.
- Picked out the tuxedos although I need to change the pickup location
- Reception venue (including catering) is booked
- MUA is booked
- Booking the DJ today, sent in the contract just need to pay the deposit which I'm doing when FI gets home
- MoH picked up her dress and made her alterations appointment
- Photographer booked

And I think that's it. I'm browsing for bakers for the cake and wating to hear back from some of them and I'm looking for flower girl dresses at the moment too. We need to order invites but my friend who did our engagement photos and STDs might do them and I'm waiting to hear back from her to see how much that would cost and if it would be cheaper to get them through her or not.

I feel like I'm missing something though and I don't know what would come into priority next. I've been driving all over to IKEA, Walmart, Target, & Michael's to look for supplies for centerpieces too. We'll have about 8 tables and I don't really want to pay $25+ on 1 centerpiece lol so I'm going to attempt to figure something out on my own and just have someone set it up the day of.

Do you think I'm on track for everything right now for being about 5.5 months till the big day?

Re: What next?

• it sounds like you are doing well!!

We have all of our vendors booked! Venue, DJ, photographer, videographer, officiant, cake baker, florist, make up, hair, chair cover rental....
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE DIY-ing things, and am currently working on MR and MRS signs for our chairs... 
    I found super cute little lanterns at Ikea that I am making into "photo luminairies"... costing about $15 per table. 

It's crazy how fast time is going by though! Seems like just yesterday I said "yes"!
  • I love Mr. & Mrs. signs! I don't think I could get that creative though lol and I know exactly what you mean. Our anniversary (I guess you could call it that) for our engagment just past a couple of weeks ago too! Doesn't even feel like a year has gone by!
  • Your list is looking good! We have most of our stuff done already as well. Next on my list is working out transportation for us and the wedding party.
    I'm also DIYing our centerpieces, and rummaging through all the stores for supplies as well.

I recommend checking out The Knot's checklist, if you haven't already. I've found it to be a HUGE help in planning and prioritizing everything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_what-next?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:f1397807-95f0-4c71-a303-64ef67be94fcPost:e89d6d07-aada-4a52-ab54-53ecf02f859a">Re: What next?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your list is looking good! We have most of our stuff done already as well. Next on my list is working out transportation for us and the wedding party. I'm also DIYing our centerpieces, and rummaging through all the stores for supplies as well. I recommend checking out The Knot's checklist, if you haven't already. I've found it to be a HUGE help in planning and prioritizing everything.
    Posted by kantonik[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks! I've been using that as well! :)</div>
  • kfraskfras member
    First Comment
    Do you need transportation? You have your dress, how about shoes and jewelry? Undergarments? Trying to think of anything else you may need... videographer, officiant, what about rehearsal dinner plans?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Does your guy have his attire squared away?  Have you thought about the honeymoon yet?

Other than that your list looks on target - best wishes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards