Ohio-Cleveland

Looking for unusual reception locations

We're getting married in Feb 2011 and we're looking for non-traditional reception locations in the Cleveland area.  I really want to avoid a party hall, and obviously (considering the time of year), it has to be entirely INDOORS! My fiance and I are both the creative type and really laid back.  We just want to be able to throw a great party for everyone!
Any ideas, ladies?

Re: Looking for unusual reception locations

• ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many people?
    What kind of feel (modern, rustic, manor/house) - do you have any venues you like the looks of to give us a feel for what you like?
    Any budget concerns? 
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Arcade on Euclid.  Your guests can stay at the Hyatt right there also.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depending on number of guests, here are some to check out: Spaces Gallery, Glidden House, NIcholson House, House of Blues, Progressive field, Browns stadium, Crawford Auto/Aviation museum, Severance Hall, Mooreland Mansion, Lake Erie Nature & Science Ctr, Lockkeepers, Cleveland Zoo Rainforest, John Christ Winery, Cuyahoga County Courthouse, Allen/Palace/State theaters, and Alpine Valley Lodge,

Bear in mind that for most of the more unique sites around town, you'll be paying a premium. They know they are unique and usually charge accordingly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!
    We're hoping to keep the guest list around 100, but with my mother going wedding crazy (anyone else experience this?) I think we may end up with around 130-150. 

• SarahM2012SarahM2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    After reading the boards for a while I'm beginning to think all mothers lose it a little... =D  My FMIL about lost it when she planned her daughters 500 person wedding... hoping she can keep it together for mine...
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I also wanted a non-traditional wedding ceremony/reception area for our wedding. We booked the Old courthouse down on lakeside avenue, its absolutely beautiful!! The only problem with having the wedding catered is that it really increases the total price!!  EVERYTHING is additional, staffing, plates, silverwear, linens, etc... it really adds up. Be prepared to pay double what you would pay at a party center or hotel ballroom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards