Kentucky-Louisville

***Mafcat***

HI!  I'm getting married at Caldwell next weekend...I'm just wondering if they gave you any wiggle room for your rehearsal and setup time...or were they really strict and by the book?  We've got the evening rehearsal slot and the evening wedding slot...

And how was their employee that you had? Helpful?

Any inside info you have would be appreciated...

Thanks!

Re: ***Mafcat***

• kdmoellekdmoelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is there in November. Let me know how everything works for you. I was wondering the same things.
  • edited December 2011
    We had the 6pm rehearsal and 4-8pm wedding slot. I know for us there wasn't a wedding before us. The girl had booked Caldwell as rain back-up for Garden Court. It didn't rain, so they didn't use it. We actually arrived a little late for the rehearsal (didn't budget time for all the traffic around that area on a Friday!) but we had a pretty small wedding party and our own coordinator in addition to theirs we were able to get through it quickly so time wasn't an issue.

We probably could have gotten into the chapel before 4, again this was due to there not being a wedding beforehand... but even if there wasn't the ceremony for the first one is at 2 so they are usually gone well before 4. I believe Caldwell's coordinator asked my stepmom what time we were getting there to make sure everything was unlocked etc. We had planned on 4 anyway so we just went with it. There was plently of time to get stuff set up although we didn't have too much. Our florist arrived at 4. We just two large arrangements at the front of the church and some pew bows. And a unity candle with some loose peonies around it. We were able to get most of pictures done before the ceremony. We finished our wedding around 6:30 (it started at 6) and had plenty of time for more pictures and to get stuff out. We coordinated who was taking what to the reception space or just removing it from the chapel so it moved quicky. We we completely our of there by 7:15-7:20-ish. Had it run later I really don't think they would have cared. Their coordinator was nice and probably would have been more helpful had we not had our own day of coordinator. For us she pretty much was just there to be an extra hand and to handle anything that might have gone wrong with the chapel. I know she did help with the mic for our minister and volume levels on the mic for our readers though.

I hope that helps?

If you have any other questiosn just let me know.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for your help--that's reassuring to hear--and I"m really glad you mentioned the traffic on Friday--I totally hadn't thought about that!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards