August 2013 Weddings

photographers

I know we all live in diferent areas but I am just curious what you ladies have spent on pictures or plan to spend. I budgeted $1500 but am finding the good photographers are several hundered $ more. 

Re: photographers

• My photographer was around $900. That was the smallest package available and about the cheapest price. We are doing a day wedding so we won't need more then 5 hours of photography, and our package doesn't include an album, because I would prefer to just do it myself. When I was looking I found packages from about 900 to close to 5,000.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Our photographer is $1800, which includes an engagement session, 8 hours on the wedding day and rights to all of our pictures. We are definitely planning a budget wedding, but this is the one area where I wanted to spend a little more. I was so happy to find a photographer who's work I loved, at a semi-reasonable price.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are paying $2,800 for our photographer.  She is actually one of the more reasonably priced photographers in the DC area and a steal for the product she delivers. 

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• We're paying $1850 for a full day (10+ hours) with 2 photographers, no album, and all our images on dvd with rights to all images.  We're getting married outside Philly and he seemed to be one of the cheapest photographers in that area without using the big companies that don't allow you to meet your photographer ahead of time.  His work is great though.  Oh and most photographers we contacted ranged from $1300-$6000 for 10 hours with 2 photographers in the Philly area.
  • We are paying $3000.00 for our photographer. Photography was the one area I was not willing to "Cheap out" on. We met with numerous photographers until we found the one we really clicked with. For the 3grand we get
    - Engagement session
    -10 hours coverage on the wedding day
    -Photo booth for guests on the wedding day
    -Trash the dress session
    - Photo album, 3 large prints, & a disk with all our pictures on it.
  • We are using a friend of a friend and will be paying $1500. She is doing an engagement session (we're having 2 done as another friend is gifting us a session), my bridal party and bachelorette if I have them, 2 photographers on the day of the wedding for 12 hours and a disk with all of the photos, edited.

I've seen packages from $1,000 to $6,000 (!).

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The package we are going with is $799 which includes 8 hours two photographers, rights to all photos on a disc, and an 11X14 canvas of a print of our choice. I can't believe I found this deal! They also have the same package but with 150 4x6 proofs for $999. We may just change to that package later down the line.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Haha, hold on to your panties ladies!

We are paying $5150 for our photographer. $150 of that is travel. With that, we get:

1. Engagement session with DVD of all images edited (there were 250 images)
    2. Guest book with photos from our engagement session in it
    3. 2 photographers shooting from the pre-ceremony getting ready time to after the first few dances.
    4. DVD of images, all will be edited. We will get about 100-200 edited images per hour.

While she may be expensive, she is the most amazing photographer. I have been following her for about two years on FB and she has been published in several magazines & wedding websites. Our engagement photos were phenomenal. For me, photography was not the place to skimp. I'd rather be frugal in a few other places, because I want to put up photos from my wedding and I'm going to have them forever!

All depends on what your priorities are :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just got quoted $9k for photography and $5400 for videography. I joked about this on the wedding woes board and got told that's a legit price. Makes me wanna scream! I had originally budgetted $5k for both including a photobooth. So much for that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • We are hoping for $1500. We found a photographer for this which includes:

engagement session
    two photographers
    10 hours of coverage
    unlimited images shot
    unlimited locations
    private online gallery
    all images enhanced on CD w/ permission to print
    13x11 hardbound album w/ dust jacket
    11x14 canvas gallery wrap
    1 8x10
    2 5x7
    8 wallets

I think we have a pretty good deal!! Shes an amazing photographer and this is a promotional price. We are still waiting to meet with her, though.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards