October 2013 Weddings

Attire

What are bridesmaids wearing?

What are your groomsmen wearing?

Here is my bridesmaid inspiration picture: What color should the men wear? Thanks!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Attire

•   these are my bridesmaid dresses in this colorr

I am still trying to decide on what the grooms will wear.  Does black or gray look better with purple?

Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • edited December 2012
    I like the gray better!
  • Varglin - I was not a fan of fall colors until I saw your inspiration.  I LOVE what they did with the orange, brown and gold/champagne.  Are you doing the multiple colors of BM dresses too? I am not sure what to put the men in.  Are they wearing black suits?

Shannie - How formal is the event and what time of day.  I like the look of both a lot.  The black looks more formal and less relaxed than the gray.  
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • Haha! Thanks! We are going to do alternating colors, but we only have 4 bridesmaids...so it won't be even, but I guess that MOB and MOG can wear colors to match. I'm lost for the men though. I'm stuck between black, brown, or tan color suits.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:4899531f-942f-4510-8dbe-881906d4a2c4Post:3121fa1c-8fe8-49a7-9275-6229c0793eee">Re: Attire</a>:
    [QUOTE] I'm stuck between black, brown, or tan color suits.
    Posted by vgarlin[/QUOTE]
    I like the tan.  I like brown but I don't know if it's as universally flattering as the black or tan.  
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • Our maids are wearing dresses of their choosing in fall colors of their choosing. The only prohibited color is orange because my family is a Vanderbilt family and our rival's color is orange.

I have no idea what the men are wearing yet. I figure they'll all wear the same color suit but ties of their choosing.

• My FI's favorite color is orange, so he was super happy with the color choice/theme. I'm probably thinking about the GM attire way too early since they don't need to order them for like another 6-7months.

ahstillwell: I'm going to let each maid choice the color that they like best (of the 3 I posted). Are you letting yours pick different colors and different styles?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:4899531f-942f-4510-8dbe-881906d4a2c4Post:cf3b0e7b-6225-4aef-8fc1-2741d96c8a30">Re: Attire</a>:
    [QUOTE]ahstillwell: I'm going to let each maid choice the color that they like best (of the 3 I posted). Are you letting yours pick different colors and different styles?
    Posted by vgarlin[/QUOTE]
    Yep, they'll all have completely different dresses. I want them to buy something they'll be able to wear again. They're all adults, so I trust them to make their own clothing decisions, lol.

• shannie. i think i have very similar colors to you.  My bridesmains are wearing plum and the groomsmen are wearing grey (fi and I liked grey better than the black with it)
  • @v i like either tan or brown
  • Fianc and I talked and I think we are going with a dark grey/charcoal. Our event is formal and takes place starting at 630. :
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards