Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Parents at bachelor/bachelorette parties??

My fiance and I are not going all out crazy for our bachelor/ette parites (no strip joints, etc)....  We haven't fine tuned our plans yet but it will probably just be a limousine clad night dancing and dining.  I'm not sure if it's appropriate to have my father go to his party.  My brothers will be going, and we are a very close-knit and friendly family.  My fiance and my father get along great. 
  On the opposite end- is it appropriate to have my mom and FMIL at mine??

Thank you ladies!!!
Ash
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Parents at bachelor/bachelorette parties??

• For my BFF's B-party (an Irish bar crawl) we started off with her mom and were eventually joined by her dad and the FILs including all of her FBILs.  It was still a lot of fun.

AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • My "bachelorette party" will be a camping trip with my immediate family. So Mom and Dad will attend.

My future husband's bachelor party will be something involving all-you-can-eat beef and mai-tais. Dad can go to that, too, if he wants, and the groomsmen are OK with it.
  • My bachalorette party was last Saturday. We went to a drag show and my mom came and had a blast. FMIL was upset she wasn't invited but she's  a religious woman and I didn't think it was appropriate. SO you know your family best.  By all means invite them if you want to.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We haven't thought seriously about bachelor/bachelorette parties, but my FI keeps saying that he wants my dad to come- he loves my dad!  I think it's nice when parents come.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I dont think its that wierd to have parents come if its appropriate...however I wouldnt invite my dad to my FI's party..thats not fair to him or the groomsmen...maybe bring it up with your FI and see if HE wants to invite him...if he does....awesome let him do it...dont invite him to a party your not going to or assume that because you want your mom at yours that he wants his future inlaws at his....let it be his choice.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• I don't see why it would be a problem as long as everybody was comfortable with the situation.  My mom and FMIL will more than likely come to mine but we are doing something low-key, just mani/pedis and drinks and dinner.  My FI wants to go to Vegas (which my dad loves) but I don't think he'd feel 100% comfortable doing the whole strip club thing so he won't be going.  My FFIL won't be going to FI's bachelor party either.  Only you know all involved and can make that decision.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards