Pre-wedding Parties

HELP! Need shower gift idea.

Hi, Ladies! I need help.  My new husband's best friend (best man at our wedding) is getting married and unfortunately, he won't be able to attend the wedding because he's deployed.  So I'm going in his stead.  I also got invited to the Bridal Shower, but I don't know her.  But because she's my husband's best friend's fiance, I decided to go.  They are getting married in a bit of a rush so she didn't register for anything so now I have absolutely no idea what to get her for her bridal shower!  I don't want to give her just cash so I need suggestions.  Help!

Re: HELP! Need shower gift idea.

• mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Retread, OP clearly stated the bride is not registered.

For the wedding I'd go with money or a gift card.  For the shower maybe some type of gift basket or bottle of wine.  It always seems a little odd to go to a shower without an actual gift, since that is the whole point of the event.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's odd that she would have a bridal shower if they aren't registered. The whole point of the bridal shower is to "shower the bride with gifts".

I like pp's suggestions.. maybe a gift basket of some sort with a bottle of wine. You could make a gift basket comprised of household items like cooking utensils, towels, and maybe a bottle of wine and a set of wine glasses.

You could also do a gift card for Target, or Bed Bath & Beyond, or Crate & Barrel, or Macys, or Sears, or Kohls, etc... with a bottle of wine or champagne and some wine or champagne glasses.

• jerseydeviljerseydevil member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would put together a basket of nice bath salts, perfume, bubble bath OR gourmet foods for her and give a bottle of wine.
  • edited December 2011
    What was your favorite gift from your wedding?  Get her that if it is appropriate. 

One of my favorite things has been a Cake platter that doubles as a punch bowl.  They have them at Macy's and BB&B. 

A nice baking pan with a gormet brownie mix in it would probably work for most people too.  As would a cookbook and cookbook holder. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin didn't register either, so when I went to her shower I got her a glass pitcher with cups set (it was really nice actually) along with a "Smoothie Bible" book. I don't know if she loved it, but everyone told me it was a great gift.
  • kristenrmu22kristenrmu22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend did this for someone's shower and I loved it. First set a budget you are comfy spending. Then go to like Dollar Tree or Target and get a plastic hamper. Fill it with items they would normally buy to clean their new home (or old home). Try not to be generic but anything like windex, clorox clean ups, toilet bowl cleaners, dish soap, hand soap. Really you can fill it with anything they could use later. candles, etc. 

If you prefer to scale down the gift price cuz you don't know her too well use a different type of basket and fill it up. 

I loved this because it saves the bride and groom money on items you tend not to think about, they don't go bad, and people use them.

Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards