African American Weddings

Royal blue /Cobalt wedding!!!

Hi ladies ,

I've been struggling on which colors to use for our wedding and I'm still undecided on this ....We want it very elegant yet romantic ..FYI loves Blue ( i do too..Just not as much as he does lol) so we say Blue..but we choose royal blue or cobalt blue to give it all an eleguant look..it's a formal , indoor wedding. Yet I cannot decide on an accent color...I first thought chartreuse or lime green and then I saw the post on Gorgeous daily wedding " with Navy Blue and Pink ! That is Hot ...But We don't want navy..I guess my question is will royal blue and Hot Pink be a beautiful combination? Especially will it look good on Dark skin color? Do you happen to see any wedding in that color ? Can you post it ? and finally , do you have any  other color suggestion for me , please ?:)  I'm very open to any suggestions you may have !

TIA

Re: Royal blue /Cobalt wedding!!!

• KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Hot Pink (Fuschia) will still look great with Royal Blue.

I can understand not being sure if it'll look good. I'm doing some not so common colors too. I saw the red and pool blue that's popular in weddings, but I decided to go with burgundy and teal blue and I know it'll look great!

It sounds like you're looking for a pop of color, so  I can't think of any other colors besides maybe yellow (pale yellow/mustard) as another combination.
  • edited December 2011
    My line sister had a beautiful royal blue and hot pink outdoor/indoor wedding. I will find pics when I get back to my computer.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    we are doing royal blue (horizion at db) with ivory and champagne details... the hot pink is nice! it will work.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing navy blue and hot pink and I think that royal blue and hot pink will be fabulous together..even on darker skin tones. I will see if I can find any pics to post.
    Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    I'm a royal blue bride also we are doing royal blue, ivory and silver/gray.  My FI made me promise no pink so I think we will be doing an orange/mango color  or a purple for our flowers to give a pop of color
    Anniversary
  • WondersWonders member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies!  I feel a little good about it now..Jmp0960 and eagles347 I I'd definately love to see pics!!!!!!!!! Thanks a lot and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all !
  • edited December 2011
    I'm doing royal blue as my "main" color for the peacock theme. I think it would fine against any skin tone.

And what color doesn't work on dark skin? Wink
    January AAW Signature Challenge:Wedding Must-Have: A shot or 4
    Photobucket

*insert sarcastic musing here...or jazz hands*
  • edited December 2011
    I have yet to see the pro-pics from this wedding, but I found a few in a friend's album. As I said, the wedding was really pretty, but I think the thing that made it really work is that the colors weren't overdone since they are so bold and vibrant. Dresses and flowers primarily plus blue and pink uplighting...they didn't do pink and blue linens. They used gold as an accent color also.

Here are a few...

Okay...so it won't let me post anymore. Let me try again.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • WondersWonders member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much eagles...It is really pretty! and queenfromqueenz ...Ditto this : "And what color doesn't work on dark skin?" :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards