Wedding Party
Options

stuck Between 3 gifts (help me decide)

Re: stuck Between 3 gifts (help me decide)

• Options
    Would your BMs buy any of these things for themselves?  You should shop for their gifts like you are shopping for their b-days.  Above all else, do not have anything personalized with their names, their position in your wedding or your wedding date.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    I showed My MOH and she really liked them all!
    I dont see why it is bad to put their name on the gift, I do understand the date and position but the name?
    BFP 2/14/2010 Kylie was born 10/10/10 happy and healthy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    If I have to choose one I like the birthstone bracelet best, though I wouldn't probably wear either bracelet and never carry a compact.

If you think the gifts fit THEIR tastes (and not just your MOHs - you can get them all something different) then go for whichever you think they'd like best.  Definitely don't put your wedding date or their title on it.  Their name I could go either way on.  I don't generally wear or carry anything that has my name on it, but these would be much smaller engravings so it wouldn't be like jumping out at anyone.  But I guess I'd expect a woman to wear a bracelet with her child or husbands name, rather than her own...
  • Options
    I don't want stuff with my name on it. Or "Bridesmaid" or someone else's wedding date. I don't know anyone who likes having their name engraved on their stuff. I wouldn't use the compact or like it, and I don't like those two bracelets at all. If you want to give bracelets then I like something like this way, way better: http://m.bluenile.com/US/m/3091offer_oid7190
  • Options
    In Response to Re:stuck Between 3 gifts help me decide:[QUOTE]I showed My MOH and she really liked them all!I dont see why it is bad to put their name on the gift, I do understand the date and position but the name? Posted by junebabymia[/QUOTE]

Of course she said she liked them. She's your friend. What else would she say ... "Those are crappy ideas"?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_stuck-between-3-gifts-help-me-decide?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:baa5ccd3-d1c4-4628-bf82-b17f624fa4b5Post:5e5ab00b-afc9-49d4-aa88-526ad43da1cb">Re:stuck Between 3 gifts help me decide</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:stuck Between 3 gifts help me decide: Of course she said she liked them. She's your friend. What else would she say ... "Those are crappy ideas"?
    Posted by mbcdefg[/QUOTE]

She is my SIL and No she wouldnt say she liked them if she didnt! She is honest, she would not want me to spend money on something she wouldnt use or like
    BFP 2/14/2010 Kylie was born 10/10/10 happy and healthy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    I guess I do understand the engraving part but I want it to be personalized in some way..
  • Options
    ViczaesarViczaesar member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2012
    You know what's an awesome way to personalize a present?  Buy it with the recipient's tastes and interests in mind and make it different from the gifts you're giving your other friends.  Your presents don't have to match, and frankly unless your friends are all carbon copies of each other, they shouldn't match.  They should be selected individually, like birthday presents, and shouldn't have anything to do with your wedding at all.

Frankly, I think all 3 of your options are bad ideas.  I think the bracelets are ugly (plus I personally don't wear bracelets), and who carries just a mirror around?  I especially wouldn't like either of them if they had my name on them.  There are a LOT of women who also don't like to have their name on things, and jewelry taste is very individual.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards