Texas-Houston
Options

Wedding RSVP Card

Is it appropriate for me to use a postcard as my RSVP card inside my wedding invitations or is that not good etiquette? Is it more proper to use the traditional envelope with card insert? (Obviously, I'm wanting to use postcards to save money.Money mouth)

~Angela

Re: Wedding RSVP Card

• Options
    jobie02jobie02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A postcard is fine.  I used this and I will warn you, they get pretty beat up in the machines the USPS uses, but they are legible and will save you money on printing and postage both.
  • Options
    PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also using a postcard. The amount of money it will save me overrules any concern I have about etiquette.
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There is nothing wrong with using a postcard, especially if its going to save you money! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are so many cute and creative ways to do postcards.  I don't see an issue.  Only thought is to perhaps number them.  I got my first RSVP back yesterday with no name, just a "regretfully declines".  I was very, very happy that I had used a pencil to number the cards!!
    Our Wedding Day
  • Options
    STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I used a postcard and they worked out great!
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    ccrabtree02ccrabtree02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well..this is a great idea...I did not even think about using postcards, 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We even used these invitations with a detachable RSVP postcard: http://www.invitationsbydawn.com/CasPage1B.cfm?sEnsembleCode=CasEns07139&format=SNSCasEnsDD II was hesitant about something to un-formal and un-traditional, but they're all the rage for eco-friendly weddings (less paper), so I just stick to knowing that (1) I didn't care to spend money on anything more and (2) it's better for the planet!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies! What a relief!

~Angela

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards