Alabama

Cheap Barn Wedding Help!

I have been scouring the net in an attempt to find a barn wedding location in Alabama.  I am a graduate student with VERY little money, and all I can find are very structured, pricey locations.  Does anyone know of somewhere rustic & DIY friendly, that is a less traditional location?  I know I can look into state parks, but maybe there is something else out there?  I'm hoping for something uber simple, and I'll even love it if it's a bit on the junky side.  Any help would be appreciated!!  :-)

Re: Cheap Barn Wedding Help!

• DanieV2010DanieV2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not a barn, but the Alabama 4-H center looks rustic and is very flexible DIY-wise.
  • edited December 2011
    I've been searching high & low for a barn in my area that I could have a barn wedding and so far NO LUCK! Only thing that has came close to something I've wanted was at Lake Guntersville *the lodge* (state park)
    I'm still not sure if i'm going to book them yet or not but we're still looking as well...

GOOD LUCK
  • edited December 2011
    There is a barn at American Village in Montevallo and a barn at Huckleberry Farm in Jasper.  Not sure of the prices, but I hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input everyone!  The search is still on...  :)
  • hckaczynhckaczyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.southernhouseandgarden.com/
    This place n Knoxvile, AL has a barn that's really pretty. They have different packages and pricing, maybe you can find something you like there?? Hope that helps!
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    There's a very rustic lodge out in Wheeler State Park near Rogersville.
    It's very pretty on the inside and there are lots of lovely places nearby if you want to be outdoors.  I'm looking at it too... Bonus: their in-house restaurant/caterer/chef (whatever) is fabulous.  They do an awesome breakfast and evening spread that's not very expensive and might be up for catering a wedding.
    There are a lot of Pick-Your-Own farms in North Alabama.  Some of them might have what you're looking for and be willing to host your wedding.  I know a lot of the pumpkin patches are open to the public in the Fall so it wouldn't hurt to call around and see if they'd let you host your wedding there for cheap.  Here's a site with a bunch of numbers (although I'm sure you can get out the good ol' Yeller Book and find them there too... probably better updated than this: list!): http://www.pickyourown.org/ALhuntsv.htm#listings
    Plus, you can look around while driving through the counties.  If you see a barn you like, it wouldn't hurt to knock on the nearby house's door and ask if the owner'd let you use their old barn for your shindig.
  • smiff1traysmiff1tray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Double Head Resort has a beautiful barn that is very clean.  It even has a room upstairs that is beg enough for a small reception.  I was there this past week and remembered your post.  Ask for Melissa and she would be more than happy to assist you.  http://www.doublehead.com/
  • LaurenBGVLaurenBGV member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just went to a Wedding at the Southern Garden House in Knoxvile, AL and it was beautiful. The barn is amazing as is the house that was used as well.

Huckleberry Farm in Jasper is good to. They do all inclusive packages as well as working with you to provide JUST what you need. I know the people that own this and they are great! They have great contacts in the area as well. They can get good deals on some things you may need.

Hope this helps!

• edited December 2011
    Check out www.JandDfarms.com. It's a 40 acre farm with a beautiful barn, orchard and carriage house available for weddings. 
  • edited December 2011
    dont know if you have found or already booked a place, but in fairhope alabama which is south alabbama their is a place called oak hollow farm. the recent show on cmt callled sweet home alabama was filmed here and it is beautiful! 

www.oakhollowfarm.net/
  • edited December 2011

This maybe too late.

We purchased a small farm in North Al. The farm is over 100 years old and so is the barn. We have renovated and it looks AWESOME!! You may want to visit my website. It is winchesterbarn.com. I hope this helps.

• edited March 2012
    Check out Sweet Apple Farm located in Pell City, AL.
    They have a 4500 sq ft Crystal Chandelier Barn with an outside Wedding Stage right next to a pond.  www.sweetapplefarmal.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards