July 2013 Weddings

I missed FFFC!!

Ok I'm mad that I missed FFFC Friday but I'm going to share this and hopefully I won't get flamed because this actually HAPPENED on Friday...

I have a coworker who has been pushing my buttons for years. She is constantly telling me how to do my job, and trying to bully me into doing what she wants. (In a nutshell...I put on a program every year to honor the culture she is a member of...she doesn't like how I do it). She is one of those people who always gets what she wants because she causes a scene when she doesn't.

Well, Friday we had a big event that I had been preparing for for months. She went at me again...and I lost it. I loudly and in no unclear terms told her I don't appreciate her undermining my authority, and if she had a problem with what I was doing she should have told me before we were "in the moment." She started stammering about me being "disrespectful" and said, "Can I talk to you for a minute?" I said no. She stared talking at me and I walked away. She followed me and I walked away again. 

I'm not gonna lie, it felt good. 

Re: I missed FFFC!!

• No flames!! You go girl! Some people really just need to be put in their place and it sounds like you got the point across.
    Heres my FFF

I work for my mom and she borrowed money and was going to pay me back in my check for the week. When friday came I magically had less money in my paycheck than I should have had for the week since she owed me. She explained that since I took an extra half an hour for break she was docking me the 20 she owed me. Funny becasue half an hour of pay would be 4.50 not twenty.... anyways on my way out to the bar I lifted a ten out of her wallet and spent it on scratch tickets and doubled my (her) money!!
    DONT FLAME ME! =P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lol nice one Alyssa! and Salsera, I totally have a coworker like that too, who I would LOVE to tell off...might have to take a page out of your book!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Alyssa...I think karma says it all evens out so you're good. 

Missquela...I highly reccommend it...although if you're anything like me (I actually HATE conflict), you have to be prepared for the consequences. When she brought her class in on Monday she was really sarcastic with me, then stood 3 feet away staring at me while I began class. I consider this an attempt at intimidation and am documenting every interaction I have with her now just in case. I am more than ready to make this an administrator/union issue if it needs to go that far. This is what happens after you try to be a good professional and a team player for 9 years and get walked all over...you say I've had ENOUGH and prepare to fight back. 
  • No flames here! I have a coworker like that, they are the WORST!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards