Florida-West Coast

Carlouel?

Someone mentioned the Carlouel on another post and I investigated - how gorgeous! Does anyone have more details on this venue? I can't seem to find much online past photos. Do you have to have a member connection still? Any idea on price range?

Thank you!

Re: Carlouel?

• M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I went to Carlouel 2 months ago because I couldn't find any info either. I was told there would be no way to host my event without member sponsorship.
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    A friend of mine had her wedding and reception at Carlouel (and it was gorgeous)  because she knew a member.  Checked on the venue too, but wasn't able to book it since I didn't know any members.
  • Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Carlouel is truly OLD FLORIDA with old florida members and old florida money.  They are very protective of The Club. 

I go there every other year for a brunch, and the huge problem is that they have swim meets nearly every Saturday, so we listen to splashing and electonric beeping to start/stop the races, and applause, and yelling and screaming all during our keynote speaker and our awards presentation, etc. 

And the parking is awful.  They never have enough valet boys, and the wait for your car is between 15 and 45 minutes.  The last time, I dropped my mom off and had to park four blocks away, which was awful since our brunch is in the summer.  The time before that, we waited 45 minutes and then the valet kid came back, handed me the claim ticket and my keys, and said he was so sorry but he really couldn't find my car.  I'd have to find it myself.  Which I did.  Four blocks away.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards